Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Wife in ER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife in ER

About 1 am, my wife was coming back to bed when she fell and hit her head. It took me a moment to wake up, realize what happened, and get to her. She was incoherent and maybe only semi-conscious, so I called 911.

The EMTs came and determined she was extremely dehydrated and had a really low blood pressure. They started an IV and off she went to the ER.

I just called and she is still being evaluated. Because of Covid, I am not allowed to be with her at this time.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Stopping to pray for your wife, and you, brother.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I hope and pray that she quickly recovers.

Comment

Does she have COVID? Or they just won't let any visitors in because of COVID?

Comment

Just got home with her. She's doing much better now. Thanks for the prayer.

Looks to be a combination of dehydration plus mixing Benadryl with her normal meds. That apparently caused extreme drowsiness.

To answer Sparko , visitors restricted because of Covid surge in area. If she had been admitted to a room, I would have been able to visit her then.
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Does she have COVID? Or they just won't let any visitors in because of COVID?
            In the hospitals around here it is the latter.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Prayed.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                Just got home with her. She's doing much better now. Thanks for the prayer.

Looks to be a combination of dehydration plus mixing Benadryl with her normal meds. That apparently caused extreme drowsiness.

To answer Sparko , visitors restricted because of Covid surge in area. If she had been admitted to a room, I would have been able to visit her then.
                Great to hear, TM! Rest in bed and drink plenty of fluids! (her, not you) (well, you too!)

(CP is not a doctor. Well, he's kind of a doctor. He's a horse and cow doctor. But not licensed in any state. But a whole heck of a lot better than a lot of them animule doctors with lots of initials after their names)
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

The effect lack of hydration can have is startling, especially in the beyond-middle-age community. That's something to watch out for. A few years ago, one of my cousins got really wacky -- like, hallucinations and crazy talk -- and the E.R. docs discovered he was dehydrated.
                    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

The effect lack of hydration can have is startling, especially in the beyond-middle-age community. That's something to watch out for. A few years ago, one of my cousins got really wacky -- like, hallucinations and crazy talk -- and the E.R. docs discovered he was dehydrated.
                      When I was in Haiti working in the clinic, a LOT of babies came to us dehydrated because the Witch Doctor had convinced the mothers that the baby could get demons through the mother's milk.

A very simple test, when we got the baby, was to gently "pinch" the upper arm skin together, and if it didn't return to normal, it was a good sign of dehydration. It was almost miraculous to see that baby come "back to life" when we got them properly hydrated.

Comment

My son-in-law had a seizure last summer......a one-of, hopefully..........and the docs think it is because he had low electrolytes and dehydration. We had an unusually hot spell and he was working, as a site manager, at places where there was no a/c, and he works really hard.

He went through the gamut of tests, MRI, CT, etc., and they found nothing, so we are pretty certain that's what it was.

He heard music, and then people talking, before he seized.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

When I had the mother at the hospital for her chemotherapy all of a sudden she started babbling incoherently. I mean she just would say random words when she spoke. I immediately told the doctor that I thought she was having a stroke and she agreed.

The cancer center is attached to the hospital and I was told I could get her to the emergency room quicker than if someone came up to get her.

In the end it turned out to be a urinary track infection.

Apparently in older women it can cause an inability to speak coherently. Who knew.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                            When I had the mother at the hospital for her chemotherapy all of a sudden she started babbling incoherently. I mean she just would say random words when she spoke. I immediately told the doctor that I thought she was having a stroke and she agreed.

The cancer center is attached to the hospital and I was told I could get her to the emergency room quicker than if someone came up to get her.

In the end it turned out to be a urinary track infection.

Apparently in older women it can cause an inability to speak coherently. Who knew.
                            If you’d ever had one, you’d know.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

If you’d ever had one, you’d know.

Older men too. My dad had several UTIs and it is scary how they resemble strokes.
                              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment