Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I need prayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Any news from Afghanistan?
    Nothing new since my last post.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Nothing new since my last post.
      I'm sorry to read that. May God comfort you while we wait for news.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I'm sorry to read that. May God comfort you while we wait for news.
        Thanks for asking and praying.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Thanks for asking and praying.
          Still no news?
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

Still no news?
            I thought I posted it here - but it was in another thread.

We've heard that ONE family has actually made it to Germany --- and we have heard that other families (or individuals) are still in country but are "being kept safe", whatever that means.

So far, we have not heard of ANY deaths to the people we support, or know of... we praise God for that.

There is a NGO that is working diligently with "our people" and others, shepherding them across Afghanistan, and we hear that an "underground railroad" is emerging.

Comment

Lemme add......

We're hearing that the extent to which the Taliban are... um... they appear to range from "in control" to "violently totalitarian" to "simply occupying", depending on where in Afghanistan somebody is.
              There appears to be no real "command and control", and each region seems to be setting its own rules.

The media, of course, will focus on the most sensational.

Comment

Lemme add......

We're hearing that the extent to which the Taliban are... um... they appear to range from "in control" to "violently totalitarian" to "simply occupying", depending on where in Afghanistan somebody is.
                There appears to be no real "command and control", and each region seems to be setting its own rules.

The media, of course, will focus on the most sensational.
                We had our annual Missions banquet last night and some missionaries "in the know" told us that many missionaries had fled to the northern areas (provinces?) where the tribal lords were, and that most, if not all those hated the Taliban and so, they were in reasonably safe conditions for now.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

We had our annual Missions banquet last night and some missionaries "in the know" told us that many missionaries had fled to the northern areas (provinces?) where the tribal lords were, and that most, if not all those hated the Taliban and so, they were in reasonably safe conditions for now.
                  Yes. Again, Afghanistan is not a "country" so much as it is a land filled with a bunch of people groups.

Comment

We had sponsored a couple to either Chile or Peru who were martyred. Know the feeling.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I thought I posted it here - but it was in another thread.

We've heard that ONE family has actually made it to Germany --- and we have heard that other families (or individuals) are still in country but are "being kept safe", whatever that means.

So far, we have not heard of ANY deaths to the people we support, or know of... we praise God for that.

There is a NGO that is working diligently with "our people" and others, shepherding them across Afghanistan, and we hear that an "underground railroad" is emerging.
                      It appears that the NGO that is working with "our people" is pretty confident that they are in no immediate danger, and there is no need at this point take unnecessary risks of travel. They are hunkered down and, thus far, being protected by an Afghani community.... let's leave it at that, for now.

It is confirmed that the missionary family that made it to Germany was actually exfiltrated by members of the German military who were officially not in Afghanistan.

Comment

It appears that the NGO that is working with "our people" is pretty confident that they are in no immediate danger, and there is no need at this point take unnecessary risks of travel. They are hunkered down and, thus far, being protected by an Afghani community.... let's leave it at that, for now.
                        It is confirmed that the missionary family that made it to Germany was actually exfiltrated by members of the German military who were officially not in Afghanistan.
                        All in all, thank God that's good news.

Obviously, praying the situation continues.

Comment

All in all, thank God that's good news.

Obviously, praying the situation continues.
                          I might add, at the risk of being political, that it's really maddening that this NGO is getting ZERO help from our State Department, and has to work through Germany and Bahrain, of all places.

Comment

Lord have mercy.
                            I am become death...

Comment

I maybe need to back away from the Afghanistan discussion - I think I'm way hotter about this than anything in a long long time.

We (Southern Baptists) have missionaries in Afghanistan. One of them has been in my Church before - we know him and his wife personally.

They (the ones we know and others) were pretty well known in their respective villages, and it's been several days now since we've heard anything from them or about them. Initially, we got word that the locals were helping hide them. Then nothing.

I'm concerned. But I'm angry. I have had really not-so-good thoughts about Biden and his whole kabal.

I am NOT wanting to start yet another "Biden messed up" thread --- I simply need prayer that I have a better attitude and not become bitter(er).

Meanwhile, our friends in Africa have returned feeling very much saddened that they couldn't accomplish what they have done in the past. Because of Covid, there are restrictions, and people coming from neighboring countries have to pay $10 to $50 to pass checkpoints to come for training. You might as well ask them to sell their homes and families. Where we have had HUNDREDS of pastors and missionaries and students come from all over Africa to be trained, there were maybe 40 to 50 total.

Our Missionaries (Jake and Jacob) are kinda bummed out, though they have no idea what eternal things God may have done of which they are not aware.

I guess that's enough for now.
                              Any updates?

Comment

Any updates?
                                On the Afghanistan front, everybody I know (or know of through our organizations) has made it out of Afghanistan. For that I praise God.

The ordeals they have been through where State Department seemed to be working against them FAR more than helping them has us a bit disgusted with our government. We received help from Pakistan and Germany, who seem to have a very unique alliance in this matter.

Comment