Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I need prayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need prayer...

I maybe need to back away from the Afghanistan discussion - I think I'm way hotter about this than anything in a long long time.

We (Southern Baptists) have missionaries in Afghanistan. One of them has been in my Church before - we know him and his wife personally.

They (the ones we know and others) were pretty well known in their respective villages, and it's been several days now since we've heard anything from them or about them. Initially, we got word that the locals were helping hide them. Then nothing.

I'm concerned. But I'm angry. I have had really not-so-good thoughts about Biden and his whole kabal.

I am NOT wanting to start yet another "Biden messed up" thread --- I simply need prayer that I have a better attitude and not become bitter(er).

Meanwhile, our friends in Africa have returned feeling very much saddened that they couldn't accomplish what they have done in the past. Because of Covid, there are restrictions, and people coming from neighboring countries have to pay $10 to $50 to pass checkpoints to come for training. You might as well ask them to sell their homes and families. Where we have had HUNDREDS of pastors and missionaries and students come from all over Africa to be trained, there were maybe 40 to 50 total.

Our Missionaries (Jake and Jacob) are kinda bummed out, though they have no idea what eternal things God may have done of which they are not aware.

I guess that's enough for now.

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Praying, my brother. I've been thinking about your missionaries in Afghanistan since you mentioned them a few days ago. God's hand is upon them regardless of the outcome of all this. I saw this just now in my news feed on FB and I find it encouraging to remember that God is sovereign and is still in charge of everything.

Will be praying for them, for your friends who have returned discouraged from Africa, and for you and your church.

not falling apart.png

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
      Praying, my brother. I've been thinking about your missionaries in Afghanistan since you mentioned them a few days ago. God's hand is upon them regardless of the outcome of all this. I saw this just now in my news feed on FB and I find it encouraging to remember that God is sovereign and is still in charge of everything.

Will be praying for them, for your friends who have returned discouraged from Africa, and for you and your church.

not falling apart.png
      I'm on a pastor video chat on Friday Mornings with about 30-50 pastors, some of whom are in the UK, Singapore, Australia, etc...

Some of them know other missionaries or aid workers in Afghanistan, and they have also not heard anything from their people.

In our prayer time, I got a little choked up when our UK pastor friend prayed, "and if they die in your name, may their martyrdom be a sweet aroma to you....."

And, yes, I know God ultimately has everything under control, but this hurts.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm on a pastor video chat on Friday Mornings with about 30-50 pastors, some of whom are in the UK, Singapore, Australia, etc...

Some of them know other missionaries or aid workers in Afghanistan, and they have also not heard anything from their people.

In our prayer time, I got a little choked up when our UK pastor friend prayed, "and if they die in your name, may their martyrdom be a sweet aroma to you....."

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

A lot of us are angry. And sad. I was crying watching some of the Afghans trying to desperately get out of the country. Women and children. This isn't just some political argument between democrats and republicans, or complaining about masks or LBGTQRSTLMNOP bathrooms. This is about real people's lives and futures. We became responsible for them when we went in 20 years ago and encouraged them to be free and to become our allies. Then Biden just pulls the rug out from under them, and abandoned them to terrorists. Including our own citizens.

Comment

I forgot --- one of the terms the UK pastor used when praying for the Christian workers in Afghanistan who may well die for their faith - he said, "Lord, give them dying grace....".

That stuck.

"Dying Grace".

wow

Comment

Yes, this is an ugly situation. It's got to be worse when you have a personal connection.
                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Praying for you dear brother. When world events become personal, it's easy to get angry at the evil that caused it. I don't see anything wrong with being angry at the situation itself, but we must take care to separate it from sinful levels of anger at the person.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They (the ones we know and others) were pretty well known in their respective villages, and it's been several days now since we've heard anything from them or about them. Initially, we got word that the locals were helping hide them. Then nothing.
                    Best wishes for positive news of your mission friends, and for representatives of all religious minorities in Afghanistan.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Best wishes for positive news of your mission friends, and for representatives of all religious minorities in Afghanistan.
                      Thank you, sir. Still no news as of today.

Comment

for you and for those stuck in Afghanistan. I've read the story of someone who made it out pre-2001. It's not an easy road - especially for women.
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thank you, sir. Still no news as of today.
                          I'm guessing you'd have updated if there were more news. Your people are still in my thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I'm guessing you'd have updated if there were more news. Your people are still in my thoughts.
                            Thanks, and, yeah, I was just checking the latest news before Church Sunday -- still haven't heard from anybody from our group.
                            We have heard, however, that some of the Christian Aid people with other groups have made it to Pakistan, and are safe.
                            They indicate that they plan on "hunkering down" in Pakistan, waiting to see what develops in Afghanistan, and going back in to offer aid.

Comment

Thanks, and, yeah, I was just checking the latest news before Church Sunday -- still haven't heard from anybody from our group.
                              We have heard, however, that some of the Christian Aid people with other groups have made it to Pakistan, and are safe.
                              They indicate that they plan on "hunkering down" in Pakistan, waiting to see what develops in Afghanistan, and going back in to offer aid.
                              Any news from Afghanistan?
                              "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment