Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I need prayer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

On the Afghanistan front, everybody I know (or know of through our organizations) has made it out of Afghanistan. For that I praise God.

The ordeals they have been through where State Department seemed to be working against them FAR more than helping them has us a bit disgusted with our government. We received help from Pakistan and Germany, who seem to have a very unique alliance in this matter.
    Recent reports place anywhere between 200 and 400 American citizens still trapped in Afghanistan. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb) has been castigating the Biden Administration concerning the "official" numbers

The Biden Administration has shamelessly and repeatedly lied about the number of Americans trapped behind Taliban lines. For weeks, their official number was ‘about a hundred’ and it magically never changed -- as Americans slowly got out the total number never went down. Now they say more than 300 Americans are still in Afghanistan. The Biden Administration lied to hide the consequences of the President's morally indefensible decision to abandon our people in a war zone. This slow-motion hostage crisis and the administration’s coverup are disgraceful. Mr. President, bring our people home.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      Recent reports place anywhere between 200 and 400 American citizens still trapped in Afghanistan. Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb) has been castigating the Biden Administration concerning the "official" numbers

The Biden Administration has shamelessly and repeatedly lied about the number of Americans trapped behind Taliban lines. For weeks, their official number was ‘about a hundred’ and it magically never changed -- as Americans slowly got out the total number never went down. Now they say more than 300 Americans are still in Afghanistan. The Biden Administration lied to hide the consequences of the President's morally indefensible decision to abandon our people in a war zone. This slow-motion hostage crisis and the administration’s coverup are disgraceful. Mr. President, bring our people home.

That's what we're hearing from in Afghanistan, but the numbers range more from 500 to 1,000.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

That's what we're hearing from in Afghanistan, but the numbers range more from 500 to 1,000.
        Old Joe just checked his watch and says he doesn't have time for this and left on yet another vacation (at least the fourth since Afghanistan).

Actually, the duffer did tell Anderson Cooper over on that bizarre "Town Hall" that he was too busy to go to the border before drifting off into some fabricated recollections about crossing the border when he was in El Paso (I think as VP), but there is no indication it ever happened. And, yes, he really is going back to his basement in Delaware.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm feeling a blue funk over this. Some day I'll tell the whole story, but I was very upset with our country back in my younger days concerning a feeling of abandonment in SE Asia. This is bringing all those bad memories, and sometimes I just feel overwhelmed. This "leave no man behind" battle cry is, unfortunately, for many, not taken very seriously.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm feeling a blue funk over this. Some day I'll tell the whole story, but I was very upset with our country back in my younger days concerning a feeling of abandonment in SE Asia. This is bringing all those bad memories, and sometimes I just feel overwhelmed. This "leave no man behind" battle cry is, unfortunately, for many, not taken very seriously.

The truly heart sickening part is that this was 99% avoidable.

Comment

On the Afghanistan front, everybody I know (or know of through our organizations) has made it out of Afghanistan. For that I praise God.

The ordeals they have been through where State Department seemed to be working against them FAR more than helping them has us a bit disgusted with our government. We received help from Pakistan and Germany, who seem to have a very unique alliance in this matter.
              I'm wondering if there's a book to be written here.

From what I can gather, the German military, through a particular "in country" commander, has been helping a whole lot with extricating people from Afghanistan, with a good working relationship with Pakistani military personnel. In either case, the German and Pakistani military appear to be working in violation of policies of their respective countries.

I'm guessing, however, this is for political cover ---- shouting "NO, DO NOT WORK IN AFGHANISTAN TO HELP PEOPLE GET OUT" while whispering "what can we do to help you make this work?"

On the other hand, I cannot figure out why our State Department seems to be blocking every attempt -- whether it's diabolical intent, or absolute incompetence, I cannot tell.

Comment

I'm wondering if there's a book to be written here.

From what I can gather, the German military, through a particular "in country" commander, has been helping a whole lot with extricating people from Afghanistan, with a good working relationship with Pakistani military personnel. In either case, the German and Pakistani military appear to be working in violation of policies of their respective countries.

I'm guessing, however, this is for political cover ---- shouting "NO, DO NOT WORK IN AFGHANISTAN TO HELP PEOPLE GET OUT" while whispering "what can we do to help you make this work?"

On the other hand, I cannot figure out why our State Department seems to be blocking every attempt -- whether it's diabolical intent, or absolute incompetence, I cannot tell.
                What?!? Wait! The guberment saying one thing while doing the opposite?

Actually the shocking and stunning part is this time they're doing it to actually, legitimately help.

BTW, one of the voices rattling around in my brainbox, rogue0 (going by rogue zero), has been busy...

Never knew he was into techno-rap fusion

Comment