Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

I need prayer...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

    Any news from Afghanistan?
    Nothing new since my last post.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

      Nothing new since my last post.
      I'm sorry to read that. May God comfort you while we wait for news.
      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

      "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

        I'm sorry to read that. May God comfort you while we wait for news.
        Thanks for asking and praying.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

          Thanks for asking and praying.
          Still no news?
          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

          "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

            Still no news?
            I thought I posted it here - but it was in another thread.

            We've heard that ONE family has actually made it to Germany --- and we have heard that other families (or individuals) are still in country but are "being kept safe", whatever that means.

            So far, we have not heard of ANY deaths to the people we support, or know of... we praise God for that.

            There is a NGO that is working diligently with "our people" and others, shepherding them across Afghanistan, and we hear that an "underground railroad" is emerging.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

            Comment


            • #21
              Lemme add......

              We're hearing that the extent to which the Taliban are... um... they appear to range from "in control" to "violently totalitarian" to "simply occupying", depending on where in Afghanistan somebody is.
              There appears to be no real "command and control", and each region seems to be setting its own rules.

              The media, of course, will focus on the most sensational.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Lemme add......

                We're hearing that the extent to which the Taliban are... um... they appear to range from "in control" to "violently totalitarian" to "simply occupying", depending on where in Afghanistan somebody is.
                There appears to be no real "command and control", and each region seems to be setting its own rules.

                The media, of course, will focus on the most sensational.
                We had our annual Missions banquet last night and some missionaries "in the know" told us that many missionaries had fled to the northern areas (provinces?) where the tribal lords were, and that most, if not all those hated the Taliban and so, they were in reasonably safe conditions for now.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

                "... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post

                  We had our annual Missions banquet last night and some missionaries "in the know" told us that many missionaries had fled to the northern areas (provinces?) where the tribal lords were, and that most, if not all those hated the Taliban and so, they were in reasonably safe conditions for now.
                  Yes. Again, Afghanistan is not a "country" so much as it is a land filled with a bunch of people groups.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    We had sponsored a couple to either Chile or Peru who were martyred. Know the feeling.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                      I thought I posted it here - but it was in another thread.

                      We've heard that ONE family has actually made it to Germany --- and we have heard that other families (or individuals) are still in country but are "being kept safe", whatever that means.

                      So far, we have not heard of ANY deaths to the people we support, or know of... we praise God for that.

                      There is a NGO that is working diligently with "our people" and others, shepherding them across Afghanistan, and we hear that an "underground railroad" is emerging.
                      It appears that the NGO that is working with "our people" is pretty confident that they are in no immediate danger, and there is no need at this point take unnecessary risks of travel. They are hunkered down and, thus far, being protected by an Afghani community.... let's leave it at that, for now.

                      It is confirmed that the missionary family that made it to Germany was actually exfiltrated by members of the German military who were officially not in Afghanistan.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

                        It appears that the NGO that is working with "our people" is pretty confident that they are in no immediate danger, and there is no need at this point take unnecessary risks of travel. They are hunkered down and, thus far, being protected by an Afghani community.... let's leave it at that, for now.
                        It is confirmed that the missionary family that made it to Germany was actually exfiltrated by members of the German military who were officially not in Afghanistan.
                        All in all, thank God that's good news.

                        Obviously, praying the situation continues.
                        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

                        "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

                          All in all, thank God that's good news.

                          Obviously, praying the situation continues.
                          I might add, at the risk of being political, that it's really maddening that this NGO is getting ZERO help from our State Department, and has to work through Germany and Bahrain, of all places.
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Lord have mercy.
                            I am become death...

                            Comment

                            Related Threads

                            Collapse

                            Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by Ana Dragule, 10-14-2021, 02:44 AM
                            5 responses
                            46 views
                            3 likes
                            Last Post lee_merrill  
                            Started by Ana Dragule, 10-05-2021, 08:51 PM
                            4 responses
                            39 views
                            3 likes
                            Last Post Littlejoe  
                            Started by DesertBerean, 09-09-2021, 11:58 AM
                            6 responses
                            69 views
                            2 likes
                            Last Post Ana Dragule  
                            Started by Cow Poke, 08-21-2021, 09:34 PM
                            27 responses
                            236 views
                            3 likes
                            Last Post Ana Dragule  
                            Started by Ana Dragule, 06-25-2021, 11:39 PM
                            12 responses
                            92 views
                            3 likes
                            Last Post Ana Dragule  
                            Working...
                            X