Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Afghanistan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afghanistan

Seems like a no-brainer.

Please pray for the people of Afghanistan as they fall back into the tender mercies of the Taliban. Especially the translators we largely abandoned, girls who went to school, and anyone who had any dealings with us.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

A prayer chain overdue in beginning...

"For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

I started praying yesterday. For the Taliban to not harm anyone or take away civil rights and freedom, for peace and also to protect any Christians left in the country.

Comment

I'm praying that the Taliban -- or at least some of them -- sees the light.

I'd love to latter hear about how one found Christ and helped smuggle hundreds out of the country who would have otherwise been murdered

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Praying! May the Lord be with his people there, in an extraordinary way...
          "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Praying.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Two of our missionary families (one with small children) sent us a picture of the Taliban message left on the door that warns they will be raped, murdered and their bodies burned, and "we are looking for you". We have heard nothing since late last night our time.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                  Two of our missionary families (one with small children) sent us a picture of the Taliban message left on the door that warns they will be raped, murdered and their bodies burned, and "we are looking for you". We have heard nothing since late last night our time.
                  THREE families, with a total of 5 children, made it to Pakistan yesterday morning. Details won't be made public until all are safe, but suffice it to say that this is one of those "children are a miracle from God" stories. The children of these families regularly played football (soccer) with some Afghan Muslims' children. It went from "we know you are hiding here, and we won't tell" to "we need to find a way to get you out of here" to "my brother-in-law is Taliban, and he has agreed to help".

Reportedly, there are dozens of aid workers still trapped in Afghanistan, many of them are being sheltered in Muslim homes and/or communities.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I've been wondering if there was any news. Thank God it's good news!

Obviously, the situation needs continued prayer.
                    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                      I've been wondering if there was any news. Thank God it's good news!

Obviously, the situation needs continued prayer.
                      These three families aren't part of our group, so I don't know much about them, but Praising God just the same!

Comment

There has been stories coming out of Afghanistan that there is no food, it looks like they are starving the people Babies are dying from malnutrition and illness , male DR aren't allowed to treat women and there are no women Dr as they are banned , charities are saying it would be one of the worst famine ever, former Prime minster Gordon Brown has been campaigning for there to be some kind of help but without giving money to the Taliban , as they seem not to bother about the people of Afghanistan at all they just want power

please pray for the people of Afghanistan

Comment

Originally posted by Lily76 View Post
                          There has been stories coming out of Afghanistan that there is no food, it looks like they are starving the people Babies are dying from malnutrition and illness , male DR aren't allowed to treat women and there are no women Dr as they are banned , charities are saying it would be one of the worst famine ever, former Prime minster Gordon Brown has been campaigning for there to be some kind of help but without giving money to the Taliban , as they seem not to bother about the people of Afghanistan at all they just want power

Yes, the biggest problem for our aid workers is how to operate to help the people in need without going through the hands of the Taliban, for more than a few reasons...
                          A) The Taliban obviously will skim off most or all of the money
                          2) They will learn the whereabouts of those for whom the money is intended, because they will control distribution
                          C) They will use the money to lure people into precarious situations....

Comment

Originally posted by Lily76 View Post

Our press is covering none of that because it hurts the political party they support and are effectively a part of.

Comment

WARNING UPSETTING news Report be careful pictures UK bbc Afghanistan news report
                              https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-59637586
                              Last edited by Lily76; 01-04-2022, 12:40 PM.

Comment