Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Afraid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Afraid

So, this isn't likely to be as bad as I think - and it may not happen at all. But I'm really scared right now. I haven't had the help with the housework that I'd been relying on (and paying for) in three months and I can't do the heavy lifting. I tried but I couldn't get the help I needed. That kept me from getting the plumber out here - again - and while I may can handle the cleaning, the plumbing won't be okay by Wednesday when the friends who I housesit for will be coming down for a mutual friend's funeral.

I'm not going to be able to go to the service - which I will be upset about later.

I have no idea if they will stop in or not - maybe not. But still. I was planning on getting the plumber in next month - I don't know about next week.

I'm still hoping - and working toward - being able to buy this house in six months or so (credit is looking good, so it's doable, I think) and I don't want to screw that up.

Anyway, God is still God and just writing this out helps me calm down. I'm such a chicken - and so danged useless.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling better now.
            "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

So, I got help this morning. They are teenagers.

Seriously, I know I wasn't anything close to perfect but I don't think I'd have survived being this ... slow...

But it's still help! God is soooo good!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Glad it’s working out. God continue bless you in your endeavors here.
                    I am become death...

Comment

Thanks everyone.

Everything is fine - nothing happened. I wasn't able to go to the funeral - I really was sick. Probably for the best - I can't stand for long periods and I don't walk well so a graveside service - I'm going to be more trouble than I'm worth at a time when I want to help.

Anyway, thanks, everyone.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment