Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

The Prodigal / Disciple / Evangelist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prodigal / Disciple / Evangelist

OK, so elsewhere I had (have?) a thread where my daughter (I called her George) was living a life of sin and drugs and abandonment of her children, and we were just praying for her to "come to herself" (as in the prodigal son "came to himself" and realized it would be better as a slave in her father's house than where he ended up).

I've held off on starting this thread, because sometimes, people relapse.

People who have strayed come back into the fold, then falter.

Not George.

So - we have been trying to build a youth ministry for a long time - probably the last 8 years.
    We had a nice older lady leading it, but all we had was about 8-10 "outreach" kids.

"Outreach kids" are the ones you hope to draw in to love and minister to and hope they get saved and become disciples.

The problem was that we didn't have a "core group" - only this bunch of "outreach kids" who didn't seem interested in things spiritual, but things pizza and games and fun and water balloons and...

Covid shut all that down. Those kids disappeared.

Lo and behold, however, BECAUSE of Covid, we had three new families start attending our church, all three having teenagers in their families.

George took an interest in them, and started a Bible Study on Wednesday nights while I'm teaching adults.
    Word spread, those kids were having a great time - they were SERIOUS Bible students (mostly coming from homeschool families) and we had a marvelous "core group" on which to build.
    PRAISE GOD!!!!

So, now, she's having about as many youth in her meetings as I'm having adults in mine, and my adult group has more than doubled, nearly tripled.

Today we were contacted (one contacted her and one contacted me) by two NEW families who are interested in getting their kids in a Bible-believing Bible-teaching church, because right now they're in youth programs where it's all fun and games and mayhem.

To date, we have had THREE families join our Church because of our Youth Ministry, and TWO MORE families seriously considering it.

Again -- all we were praying for was for George to get out of the dark and come into the light.

We had no way of knowing that she would return to being a disciple, and charge forth to be, for all intents and purposes, an EVANGELIST!!!

God is so good.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Our God is always amazing us with how he works in the lives of His people!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

By the way, I'm happy to report that she has an EXCELLENT relationship with her children now, and they are very much involved in her (and our) lives.
      H is a Manager of a Walgreens, and has her Pharm license
      R is working in our Children's Ministry, teaching "Children's Church"
      S is the President of the Young Republicans in his High School, and is involved in all kinds of debate

Mrs CP and I used to DREAD family gatherings (Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving) because, inevitably, somebody would go home mad, or there'd be a fight, or somebody would end up crying...

The last couple years have been WONDERFUL --- except they stay way too long laughing and playing games and messing around and I'm old and want my nap.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you Lord for this work. Please continue to foster and grow this ministry to continue reaching the lost and wandering.
            I am become death...

Comment

Originally posted by Ana Dragule View Post
              Thank you Lord for this work. Please continue to foster and grow this ministry to continue reaching the lost and wandering.
              Thank you! And we've actually had FOUR families join our church recently, primarily because they love our youth ministry!

Comment