Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Sharon and Bill in the hospital with Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friends are still stopping by with food and the pastor's wife came by last night and did her laundry for her. So they're in rough shape, but they've got help.

Comment

It's a fully Covid household, with Sharon and Bill and their boarder all down and weak as kittens, which is probably an improvement for Bill. Sharon's still too weak to cook. Yesterday, a crew from their church came in and spent a couple hours cleaning the house for them. Sharon's using some kind of lemon oil in her water trying to recover her sense of taste, that being one of the standard Covid casualties. She says it's helping, some.

You hear tales about how long it takes to recover, but the tales aren't "real" until you're watching it day by day.

Comment

Sharon's been re-admitted due to a GI bleed, low oxygen count ... lots of problems ... I'm booking a flight out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
          Sharon's been re-admitted due to a GI bleed, low oxygen count ... lots of problems ... I'm booking a flight out tonight.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Lord, have mercy.
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. My flight's at 8 pm eastern. I've "talked" to her, but she's just not there. My info is coming from the nurse's station right now. They told me to come. I'm not in a good place right now.

Comment

Thanks for your thoughts. My flight's at 8 pm eastern. I've "talked" to her, but she's just not there. My info is coming from the nurse's station right now. They told me to come. I'm not in a good place right now.

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

That mi amigo is when things get scary and there isn't a thing you can do about it.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

So I've finally got something promising to report. The bleeding has stopped, really this time, and we're looking to see her released to home care later today or tomorrow. I flew back to Miami a couple of days ago, because we thought it was really, that time, tossed my bags on the couch and got a call saying otherwise, before I could unpack. Maybe I can unpack my bags now.

Gonna take a bit longer to unpack everything else. It's been a rough couple weeks.

Comment