Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Sharon and Bill in the hospital with Covid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sharon and Bill in the hospital with Covid

Kinda frantic morning since I learned my sister Sharon and brother-in-law Bill were admitted last night, but I got my number into her room and she was able to call me most of an hour ago now. She's scared, and so am I, but we didn't talk about that. We talked about growing up in the country as kids. She's under an oxygen tent breathing easy enough to talk to me for most of an hour anyway. Bill's not in good enough shape to speak right now.

Both are Christians.

Christian or not

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Mercy to them, and healing, and help...
        "What I pray of you is, to keep your eye upon Him, for that is everything. Do you say, 'How am I to keep my eye on Him?' I reply, keep your eye off everything else, and you will soon see Him. All depends on the eye of faith being kept on Him. How simple it is!" (J.B. Stoney)

Comment

Her doctor updated her records after his visit, and her nurse shared the results with me. She's in with multiple conditions, as is common with hospitalizations, but she's improved from yesterday. She's on oxygen of course, but nobody is talking about respirators. We're cautiously optimistic for now.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys.

Comment

Thanks for sharing, Jesse.

Luke
            Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
            sigpic
            I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                  Her doctor updated her records after his visit, and her nurse shared the results with me. She's in with multiple conditions, as is common with hospitalizations, but she's improved from yesterday. She's on oxygen of course, but nobody is talking about respirators. We're cautiously optimistic for now.

Thanks for your thoughts, guys.
                  Please keep us updated

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Please keep us updated
                    Trying to get through today, but haven't been able to get today's nurse on the line, so I left a request for an update call with the floor. Sharon's not answering her phone either. Maybe she's sleeping. Doctors are supposed to be finished with their rounds by 3pm MT (5pm ET), so if there's anything new, they'll know by now.

This is kinda nerve-wracking.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                      This is kinda nerve-wracking.
                      I've been there. My dad's cancer op should have taken 4 hours, but he was still in the OR after ten, and we couldn't find out why. It's a horrible, horrible place to be. I'm sorry.

FWIW, in the end everything was OK - his surgeon basically said "Meh, sometimes it takes longer"

Keep us up to date
                      ...because every forum needs a Jimbo

Comment

Praying for your family, Jesse. Any family of yours is family here.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Prayers for your family

Comment

Originally posted by JimboJSR View Post
                            I've been there. My dad's cancer op should have taken 4 hours, but he was still in the OR after ten, and we couldn't find out why. It's a horrible, horrible place to be. I'm sorry.

FWIW, in the end everything was OK - his surgeon basically said "Meh, sometimes it takes longer"

Keep us up to date
                            Thanks for the kind thoughts.

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                            Praying for your family, Jesse. Any family of yours is family here.
                            Appreciated.

Turns out she was out for an echocardiogram, and then sleeping, and the nurse had patients with a higher priority than sending reassurances to family members. The floor shifts are 7am to 7 pm to 7am, Mountain Time, and I got a call shortly before shift change, and through to Sharon shortly afterwards. Didn't mean to keep people hanging, but it was a crazy day yesterday, with the marine and Libby and Alex in the U-haul heading for GA ... sans her insulin, which I had to priority ship at the post office just before it closed ... first exam submissions from my summer students — I'm an old-fashioned hand-grader, and Sharon and Bill, of course.

Bill has improved enough they're talking about discharging him, and Sharon's breathing has improved enough to re-prioritize and focus on the blood clots on her lungs.

One day at a time.

Comment

So the good news is we're expecting both Sharon and Bill to be discharged tomorrow. The not quite so good news is they're both still infected, both very weak, and both with ancillary health issues. The good news is they have plenty of friends in the area who can stop by to help out, and they're part of a close-knit church community. As family rep and next of kin, I'll get copies of all the discharge instructions and coordinate as best I can from here.

Comment