Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

My granddaughter again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My granddaughter again.

Yesterday my granddaughter had another set of lung scans. It appears the tumors are back. There is no more treatment available now. Also she has fluid around her heart which cuts its efficiency and makes it work harder. The fluid is where it will not be easy to drain. It looks like she has a year or so before things really go south.
    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Very sorry to hear this, brother. You have my prayers also.
          I DENOUNCE DONALD J. TRUMP AND ALL HIS IMMORAL ACTS.

Comment

I am so sorry to hear this, Jed. Still praying for her, and for all of you.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

3 For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, 4 that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures --1 Corinthians 15:3-4 (borrowed with gratitude from 37818's sig)

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Thank you all. This is, as you can understand, very painful. She is such a sweet hearted girl, and a strong Christian.
                  Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

Last edited by Raphael; 03-09-2014, 02:48 PM.
                    The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

As a grandparent myself, I know how much this hurts...ing for all of you brother...
                        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Yeah, I would not have the young ones go before us old guys. The Lord knows best.

Comment

I guess things are not quite as final as I thought. Latest from Katie's mom in Seattle.

"We've been quiet because there really is no new news yet until Katie sees the cardiologist on Tuesday afternoon. They will repeat the echo to see if there are any changes from this week and hopefully have a plan to remove that fluid squeezing her heart. If they can get her heart healthy enough, then she will be able to start the pazopanib as planned. That's what Katie says will happen. She's not all that fond of Plan B and even less so of Plan C.

IF they can't get her heart healthy enough to start pazopanib, she has opted to start a different chemo called etoposide (Plan B). It is also oral so she can take that at home, coming down to Seattle every two months for scans. The drawbacks to this one are that she will lose her hair again. We know it can grow back, but still... The etoposide will also lower her blood counts so she will be back to having to really worry about being around people that are sick. Again...doable, but somewhat of a pain. It could also cause more nausea and vomiting. It won't be as bad as her initial treatment, but again...we all know how much fun it is to be puking or feeling like you're going to puke.

IF that is not going to work then she will try the cocktail combo of gemcitabine/docetaxel (Plan C). This is the least favored option as the side effects are more distasteful in addition to requiring that she give up her Seattle team if she doesn't do it here in Seattle. With this one, she will also lose her hair again. She will be more tied down as the regiment is 3 weeks of chemo, 1 week off. She will likely be more sick. It will also lower her blood counts so she'll have to be very careful. There are so many more side effects to this one that could be extremely unpleasant, but we're hoping that if she has to do this one, she doesn't experience the nastier side effects.

The final radiology report did come back and the two lesions that they're sure of are 9mm x 7mm and 23mm x 22mm. That doesn't change our course of action at all, but it does once again tell us that this cancer is so very aggressive in Katie. There are three other spots that they think are sarcoma, but they're not for sure and Katie will not be having more surgery to remove them. Her lung capacity is already compromised enough and she's not interested in wheeling around an oxygen tank for the rest of her life. She's also not interested in a recovery that will very probably be much like the last one.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers for good news from the cardiologist on Tuesday. She really does not want to resort to Plan B or C.

Thank you all so much for your continued love and support. "
                            My understanding is that the new chemo really has no likelihood of real benefit. Plan A was to extend her quality time of life beyond what was expected. Even that was experimental.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment