Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Sad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad

I have for years been aware I have Seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It usually sets in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and lasts into March. It comes and goes in severity during this time. Most days I'm not aware of it.

Last night it really hit me and I'm still struggling today to focus on my job.

Just let me know you're praying for me and everyone else who gets it.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

First of all, I didn't accept this was a "real thing" until a couple decades ago - I was one of those guys who would just tell you, "well, SNAP OUT OF IT".

I know it's beyond that.

I will pray for you, but I will also encourage you to seek opportunities to serve others, and focus your attention on them. This doesn't always work, but I've had a number of people come back with a real sense of Joy!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I will pray for you. I don't suffer from SAD, but I do occasionally have some reflective moments where I look back on my life and wonder what happened and feel depressed that I am where I am today with not much to show for it. I get over it after a while and go on, but it comes again, sometimes around holidays. I feel it this year especially with Christmas coming on and having to spend it all by myself because I can't visit family. 2020 sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
        I have for years been aware I have Seasonal affective disorder (SAD). It usually sets in between Thanksgiving and Christmas and lasts into March. It comes and goes in severity during this time. Most days I'm not aware of it.

Last night it really hit me and I'm still struggling today to focus on my job.

Just let me know you're praying for me and everyone else who gets it.
        Will be praying for you. I believe that I, too, suffer to a certain extent from SAD. I am discouraged and, well, sad, when the sun is not shining, and that seems to be happening more and more where we live.

But I have learned to try to keep my thoughts and heart focused above the sun, on the Son, and singing praises to Him really helps me.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

From a scriptural standpoint, what SAD people really need is REST.
          Matthew 11:28-29 -- Come, Take and Learn.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment