Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

The American Dream Dusty Rhodes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rogue06
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    Dusty Rhodes -- the rotund, easy bleeding, easy talking professional wrestler who billed himself as "The American Dream" -- died Thursday, the WWE said on its website.

Rhodes, whose real name was Virgil Runnels, was 69.

Rhodes rose to fame as a common man figure. He didn't have the chiseled body some associate with today's wrestlers. He was a good guy wrestler, often battling heels like Abdullah the Butcher, Blackjack Mulligan, Harley Race and The Four Horseman, who were led by Ric Flair.
    Interestingly where I grew up Dusty was one of the good guys but up in Minnesota, where my family often went on vacation, he was regarded as one of the villains.

Leave a comment:

• robrecht
    replied
    He was really funny in interviews. My older brother and I were big fans when we were kids. There's a Dirty Dusty Rhodes documentary on Netflix.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    started a topic The American Dream Dusty Rhodes

The American Dream Dusty Rhodes

Dusty Rhodes -- the rotund, easy bleeding, easy talking professional wrestler who billed himself as "The American Dream" -- died Thursday, the WWE said on its website.

Rhodes, whose real name was Virgil Runnels, was 69.

Rhodes rose to fame as a common man figure. He didn't have the chiseled body some associate with today's wrestlers. He was a good guy wrestler, often battling heels like Abdullah the Butcher, Blackjack Mulligan, Harley Race and The Four Horseman, who were led by Ric Flair.
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X