Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Leonard Nimoy died today at 83

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leonard Nimoy died today at 83

For real this time (there was a hoax going around a few days ago when he was hostpitalized)

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/27/ar...t-83.html?_r=0

Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut “Star Trek,” died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

His wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, confirmed his death, saying the cause was end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Mr. Nimoy announced that he had the disease last year, attributing it to years of smoking, a habit he had given up three decades earlier. He had been hospitalized earlier in the week.

Comment

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Other than Spock he played one of my favorite villains.

I wasn't expecting that he could play a bad guy so well. Now they'll have to find someone else to do his voice in KH 3.

ETA: I think I worded that weird, since Spock wasn't a villain.

Comment

so only Shatner (Kirk) is left of the trek buddies.

Spock, McCoy and Scotty are all gone.

Comment

Nuh uh... Nichelle Nichols is still around.
              Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                Nuh uh... Nichole Nichols is still around.
                so is chekov and sulu, but they were secondary players. The main 4 were Kirk, Spock, McCoy and Scotty.

Comment

I feel like saying, "Live long and prosper," but that isn't really appropriate in this situation, is it?
                  βλέπομεν γὰρ ἄρτι δι᾿ ἐσόπτρου ἐν αἰνίγματι, τότε δὲ πρόσωπον πρὸς πρόσωπον·
                  ἄρτι γινώσκω ἐκ μέρους, τότε δὲ ἐπιγνώσομαι καθὼς καὶ ἐπεγνώσθην.

אָכֵ֕ן אַתָּ֖ה אֵ֣ל מִסְתַּתֵּ֑ר אֱלֹהֵ֥י יִשְׂרָאֵ֖ל מוֹשִֽׁיעַ׃

Comment

some fun things to remember him by:

Comment

I have a friend that looks a lot like Nimoy too.

mike.jpg

Comment

I wonder if Vulcan, Alberta, will be doing a memorial.

http://www.vulcantourism.com/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

RIP Leonard Nimoy!
                          "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Spocks_death_12.jpg
                            That's what
                            - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                            - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                            - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

One of the few Hollywood celebrities I truly respect. (sigh)

It will be sad to tell Mrs H the news when I pick her up from work.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X