Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

She went to sleep and woke up in Glory!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cow Poke
    replied
    This particular Nursing Home is more of an Assisted Living type facility -- the residents are, for the most part, pretty "with it" - they are a fun bunch to visit. Our Church does a Sunday Service there once a month (taking turns with other Churches)

taylor.jpg

That's Charlie and Ramona singing - she was diagnosed with breast cancer about the same time as my wife, and will be having surgery on the 20th of January.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    We had her "Home-Going Celebration" tonight at the Nursing Home where she had lived. It was VERY well attended - probably 50-60 of the residents. I explained that it wasn't going to be a slow weepy whiney funeral service - but a time of celebration that our friend had gone home.

They really enjoyed it, and we closed with "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".

Sometimes, it's hard to get folks to sing "happy" songs at such an occasion, but these folks really sang out, and really seemed to enjoy it. Then the family came by the Church for refreshments and a time of sharing.

To God be the Glory!

BEAUTIFUL harmony in this version!

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I can testify of just how bad these things are on the family as my mother is currently experiencing them.
    I can sympathize. My mother is 91 and failing. My dad is 95 but in better shape. They are in California and I am in Alaska. I thank God that my baby brother lives next door to them and takes good care of them. But my gut catches every time my brother calls. You have my prayers, brother.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    See the prayer request thread in the PL

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    I can testify of just how bad these things are on the family as my mother is currently experiencing them.

Leave a comment:

• Bill the Cat
    replied
    A hospice nurse had come in on Friday and prepared the family for the ugliness they might see... the "death rattle", the difficulties breathing, etc etc etc....

Leave a comment:

• rogue06
    replied
    Some of you know about the mission project our Church is doing, helping a couple who started building a house, then the husband fell gravely ill. We rushed to "get them in the dry" before winter, and made it! Diane is the wife, who has been taking care of her nearly comatose husband, and her 92 year old mom, who has been in a local nursing home.

Diane has brought "Mom" to Church every Sunday, and Mom, 92 years old, small and frail, has been a joy to us. She was in Church last Sunday Morning, and told me how much she enjoyed her Church family.

Wednesday morning, she became ill, and Diane took her to the local ER. At one point, the ER Doc was wanting to put a feeding tube in her, but "Mom" said - "I don't want to mess with that stuff - I'm 92 years old, and I'm ready to go home if this is my time". She was in good spirits, even though she was uncomfortable, and had difficulty breathing. Blood pressure was falling, and it was likely she had pneumonia.

In the wee hours of Saturday Morning, "Mom" went to sleep and woke up in Glory. She wanted everybody to know, "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".
    Amen

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    A hospice nurse had come in on Friday and prepared the family for the ugliness they might see... the "death rattle", the difficulties breathing, etc etc etc....

"Mom" experienced none of that..... went to sleep and passed quite uneventfully.

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Praise God!

Just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
    Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
    Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
    Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    started a topic She went to sleep and woke up in Glory!

She went to sleep and woke up in Glory!

Some of you know about the mission project our Church is doing, helping a couple who started building a house, then the husband fell gravely ill. We rushed to "get them in the dry" before winter, and made it! Diane is the wife, who has been taking care of her nearly comatose husband, and her 92 year old mom, who has been in a local nursing home.

Diane has brought "Mom" to Church every Sunday, and Mom, 92 years old, small and frail, has been a joy to us. She was in Church last Sunday Morning, and told me how much she enjoyed her Church family.

Wednesday morning, she became ill, and Diane took her to the local ER. At one point, the ER Doc was wanting to put a feeding tube in her, but "Mom" said - "I don't want to mess with that stuff - I'm 92 years old, and I'm ready to go home if this is my time". She was in good spirits, even though she was uncomfortable, and had difficulty breathing. Blood pressure was falling, and it was likely she had pneumonia.

In the wee hours of Saturday Morning, "Mom" went to sleep and woke up in Glory. She wanted everybody to know, "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".
widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X