Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

She went to sleep and woke up in Glory!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • She went to sleep and woke up in Glory!

    Some of you know about the mission project our Church is doing, helping a couple who started building a house, then the husband fell gravely ill. We rushed to "get them in the dry" before winter, and made it! Diane is the wife, who has been taking care of her nearly comatose husband, and her 92 year old mom, who has been in a local nursing home.

    Diane has brought "Mom" to Church every Sunday, and Mom, 92 years old, small and frail, has been a joy to us. She was in Church last Sunday Morning, and told me how much she enjoyed her Church family.

    Wednesday morning, she became ill, and Diane took her to the local ER. At one point, the ER Doc was wanting to put a feeding tube in her, but "Mom" said - "I don't want to mess with that stuff - I'm 92 years old, and I'm ready to go home if this is my time". She was in good spirits, even though she was uncomfortable, and had difficulty breathing. Blood pressure was falling, and it was likely she had pneumonia.

    In the wee hours of Saturday Morning, "Mom" went to sleep and woke up in Glory. She wanted everybody to know, "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

  • #2
    Praise God!

    Just think of stepping on shore-And finding it Heaven!
    Of touching a hand-And finding it God's!
    Of breathing new air-And finding it celestial!
    Of waking up in glory-And finding it home!


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

    Comment


    • #3
      A hospice nurse had come in on Friday and prepared the family for the ugliness they might see... the "death rattle", the difficulties breathing, etc etc etc....

      "Mom" experienced none of that..... went to sleep and passed quite uneventfully.
      "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        Some of you know about the mission project our Church is doing, helping a couple who started building a house, then the husband fell gravely ill. We rushed to "get them in the dry" before winter, and made it! Diane is the wife, who has been taking care of her nearly comatose husband, and her 92 year old mom, who has been in a local nursing home.

        Diane has brought "Mom" to Church every Sunday, and Mom, 92 years old, small and frail, has been a joy to us. She was in Church last Sunday Morning, and told me how much she enjoyed her Church family.

        Wednesday morning, she became ill, and Diane took her to the local ER. At one point, the ER Doc was wanting to put a feeding tube in her, but "Mom" said - "I don't want to mess with that stuff - I'm 92 years old, and I'm ready to go home if this is my time". She was in good spirits, even though she was uncomfortable, and had difficulty breathing. Blood pressure was falling, and it was likely she had pneumonia.

        In the wee hours of Saturday Morning, "Mom" went to sleep and woke up in Glory. She wanted everybody to know, "this world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".
        Amen

        I'm always still in trouble again

        "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          A hospice nurse had come in on Friday and prepared the family for the ugliness they might see... the "death rattle", the difficulties breathing, etc etc etc....
          I can testify of just how bad these things are on the family as my mother is currently experiencing them.
          That's what
          - She

          Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

          I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          Stephen R. Donaldson

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
            I can testify of just how bad these things are on the family as my mother is currently experiencing them.
            "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              See the prayer request thread in the PL
              That's what
              - She

              Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

              I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              Stephen R. Donaldson

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                I can testify of just how bad these things are on the family as my mother is currently experiencing them.
                I can sympathize. My mother is 91 and failing. My dad is 95 but in better shape. They are in California and I am in Alaska. I thank God that my baby brother lives next door to them and takes good care of them. But my gut catches every time my brother calls. You have my prayers, brother.
                Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

                Comment


                • #9
                  We had her "Home-Going Celebration" tonight at the Nursing Home where she had lived. It was VERY well attended - probably 50-60 of the residents. I explained that it wasn't going to be a slow weepy whiney funeral service - but a time of celebration that our friend had gone home.

                  They really enjoyed it, and we closed with "This world is not my home, I'm just a passin' through".

                  Sometimes, it's hard to get folks to sing "happy" songs at such an occasion, but these folks really sang out, and really seemed to enjoy it. Then the family came by the Church for refreshments and a time of sharing.

                  To God be the Glory!

                  BEAUTIFUL harmony in this version!

                  "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    This particular Nursing Home is more of an Assisted Living type facility -- the residents are, for the most part, pretty "with it" - they are a fun bunch to visit. Our Church does a Sunday Service there once a month (taking turns with other Churches)

                    taylor.jpg

                    That's Charlie and Ramona singing - she was diagnosed with breast cancer about the same time as my wife, and will be having surgery on the 20th of January.
                    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

                    Comment

                    Related Threads

                    Collapse

                    Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rogue06, 09-26-2020, 05:01 AM
                    1 response
                    28 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post Stoic
                    by Stoic
                     
                    Started by mossrose, 03-13-2019, 11:31 AM
                    31 responses
                    14,448 views
                    0 likes
                    Last Post mossrose  
                    Working...
                    X