Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Joyce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joyce

I wanted her name to be the title of the thread so I would see it every time I look at my subscribed threads.

Joyce was the best friend I ever had. She was a spiritual mom, sister, mentor, encourager, co-author, and more. She is the reason I became a counselor and I certainly would not have followed through without her cheering me on. She wrote a book and asked me to edit it. We spent a year of Friday's working on it sentence by sentence until it was in publishable form. Just as we were sending it off to have a proof copy printed, she received her diagnosis: Stage IV lung cancer...out of the blue. Seven months later, she was received into the arms of the Lord. I am so grateful for the "About the Authors" photo session we had together (she ullitmately insisted on co-authorship). That portrait hangs in my home office and also alongside my credential certificates in my counseling office. She is with me always, and I know I'll see her again. It is fitting that she should have a small place in this garden.
    sigpic
    "...so encourage each other and build one another up." ~1 Thessalonians 5:11

I'm so sorry, JP.

Comment

I wish I could have met her. One day....

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X