Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

JSDileo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JSDileo

Jon was just a teenager when he started posting here, and was still a teen when he died from an inoperable brain tumor. I miss him, though I didn't get to interact with him all that much.

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
    sigpic
    I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

"It's evolution; every time you invent something fool-proof, the world invents a better fool."
    -Unknown

"Preach the gospel, and if necessary use words." - Most likely St.Francis

I find that evolution is the best proof of God.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I support the :
    sigpic

Comment

I got to know him while he was here - we had a couple of good conversations I still treasure. I still think about him - and miss him.
      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Dee Dee's original post:
        Dear Community: Some Sad News

Jonathan Stephen DiLeo (known to us as JSDileo) passed away on Thursday, December 4, 2008 from complications related to the treatment of a brain tumor. He was only 17 years old.

Here is his memorial page at the funeral home.

The forum will closed on the day of his funeral, December 10, 2008. TheologyWeb has purchased a large floral arrangement to be sent to the funeral home on the 9th for his wake. The sentiments on the card are expressed as on behalf of the entire community.

If any individual members wish to send some modest arrangements on their own behalf, I am sure it would be of some consolation to the family. I wanted to let you know that a large stand spray has already been purchased so that the members would know that there will be a very visible expression of the community's condolences, so that if you were to send a modest floral arrangement that would be completely appropriate.

I encourage everyone to sign the guestbook at the Funeral Home page. If anyone lives in that area and can attend the funeral or wake, please let me know. If at all possible, I believe that someone representing the community needs to be there.

If you know of anyone who was his friend that may not see this thread, please do what you can to pass on the news.

Nochyu mokraya ptitsa nikogda ne letaet.
        A wet bird never flies at night. -unknown [old Russian proverb]

Eudyptes: you are....as usual....100% correct

The link from that post is broken. Here is the link to the Wayback archive of the thread:https://web.archive.org/web/20121114...-Some-Sad-News
        "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Thanks, TL.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Lilpixieofterror:

Re: Dear Community: Some Sad News

What sad news to hear.

Thanks for telling us Dizzle and I guess now he is finally with Him.

Love is not blind; that is the last thing it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind. GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Click here for an encouraging song!
            Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM. Reason: Restoring original smilie

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Michelle:

This is very sad news.
              Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:43 PM. Reason: Smilie

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

MarcusAndreas :

RIP

Call me Mark. I like sarcasm and the surreal.
                Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: Smilie

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Kelp:

My prayers go out to his loved ones.

...the compass of existence held more than my text-books had revealed, more than I had ever dreamed of. In short I lost my superiority, and this, though I was not then aware of it, is the first step towards finding God.-A.J. Cronin
                  the burn notice commercial worked beautifully, the actual vid just froze. well played google-yxboom
                  Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:44 PM. Reason: Smilie

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Sparko:

He will be missed.

Proud Member of Da Blonde's Axis of Evil, Adam's Dirty Dozen, Dee Dee's Goon Squad, Tweb's In-Crowd, The Brood of Vipers & Exorcised by Ty & Dee Dee - Franktalk: "Your logic knows by common sense that what I said makes no sense because I stated to not trust what I stated."
                    Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:45 PM. Reason: Smilie

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

JonLanceBarker:

:cross:

Lord Jesus Christ, give him rest, peace, the company of your saints, and the light of your presence.

Lord have mercy.

The River of Fire The Way Into the Kingdom of Heaven Distinguishing Truth & Error Apologetics for Orthodoxy Ochlophobic Musings

“The mystery of the incarnation of the Lord is the key to all the arcane symbolism and typology in the Scriptures, and in addition gives us knowledge of created things, both visible and intelligible. He who apprehends the mystery of the cross and the burial apprehends the inward [principles] of created things, while he who is initiated into the inexpressible power of the resurrection apprehends the purpose for which God first established everything.” -St. Maximus the Confessor

"I would join countless numbers of evangelical Protestants and say I have come to know Christ with fulfilling and life-changing effects and daily witness His grace and leadership in my life. But just because God in His grace and mercy has met us where we are and adapted Himself to our unique cultural and religious circumstances in no way means He has abandoned His original plan. God does not contradict Himself. Truth is intolerant, and truth is found in the Church’s living and Holy Tradition. It is my growing conviction that only a strong living Tradition can protect us from the corrosive and destructive forces of modern life, the insidious and deceptive effects of modern pluralism, and the disheartening and confusing proliferation of religious opinions...What are we to do with this "cloud of witnesses," this Holy Tradition through which they live and speak with such clarity and certitude? Well, for me there seems to be only one logical response. I must turn to the Church and its sacred Tradition; I must listen humbly and be instructed. I cannot let God’s marvelous blessings of the past blind me to what I have missed or deter me from that to which He would lead me still. I must return home to Orthodoxy." Rev. Dorraine S. Snogren, The Road That Leads Home

Quote Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following 3 tWebbers say Amen to JonLanceBarker for this useful Post:

JB, mig_killer2, One Bad Pig
                      Last edited by Teallaura; 01-20-2014, 10:47 PM. Reason: Site smilie. Custom smilie is lost.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Dee Dee Warren:

I didn't know Jonathan incredibly well but I remember we had some PM conversations a while back. Didn't he have a different user name at some point? I do remember being very amazed at his apologetics ability at such a young age. When I was 17, God was the last thing from my mind.

Nochyu mokraya ptitsa nikogda ne letaet.
                        A wet bird never flies at night. -unknown [old Russian proverb]

Eudyptes: you are....as usual....100% correct

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

MarcusAndreas :

I signed the guestbook, and I am waiting for my message to be approved. I said "Goodbye"

Goodbye.

Call me Mark. I like sarcasm and the surreal.

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

mossrose:

He will be missed here.

I didn't even know he was not well.

His family will be in my prayers.

Securely anchored to the Rock against every storm of trial, testing and tribulation.

Quote Quote .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following tWebber says Amen to mossrose for this useful Post:

{Tim}

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

Lilpixieofterror:

Quote Originally posted by dizzle View Post

I didn't know Jonathan incredibly well but I remember we had some PM conversations a while back. Didn't he have a different user name at some point? I do remember being very amazed at his apologetics ability at such a young age. When I was 17, God was the last thing from my mind.
                              I don't think so. I do know that he liked Avatar: The Last Air Bender though (judging from his avatars).

Love is not blind; that is the last thing it is. Love is bound; and the more it is bound the less it is blind. GK Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Click here for an encouraging song!

My Personal Blog

Quill Sword

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X