Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Glennn Morton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glennn Morton

Formerly of this parish.

From his facebook page:

“This is Glenn’s son, David.
    It’s with bittersweet that I share with you that Dad peacefully went home yesterday to be with the Lord. Our loss, his gain, through Christ his Savior. Thank you all for being a part of his journey. Know that he loved each of you very much.
    -David”
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
    Mountain Man: … this is how liberals argue these days, with labels instead of ideas.

Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Thank you for letting us know about Glenn, Roy.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

David,

Are you the one I met when I had lunch with Glenn earlier this year?

It was SO GOOD to see him, and so good to remember him laughing and telling stories...
          "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Ah, nevermind - I see that's from Facebook.
              "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Comment

By the way, at one of our meals together (I think at the Mexican Resaurant), I was kidding Glen about his name sometimes having one n, sometimes two.... He joked, "two, three, whatever it takes".

I smiled when I looked at the title.

Comment

"If you can ever make any major religion look absolutely ludicrous, chances are you haven't understood it"
                  -Ravi Zacharias, The New Age: A foreign bird with a local walk

Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong.
                  1 Corinthians 16:13

"...he [Doherty] is no historian and he is not even conversant with the historical discussions of the very matters he wants to pontificate on."
                  -Ben Witherington III

Comment

I really liked Glennnnnnn. Gonna miss him popping in every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      I really liked Glennnnnnn. Gonna miss him popping in every so often.
                      SO glad I got to spend some time with him, and he was always in a good mood, positive attitude, and knew where he was going when he died.

A class act all the way.

Comment

Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
                          Formerly of this parish.

From his facebook page:

“This is Glenn’s son, David.
                          It’s with bittersweet that I share with you that Dad peacefully went home yesterday to be with the Lord. Our loss, his gain, through Christ his Savior. Thank you all for being a part of his journey. Know that he loved each of you very much.
                          -David”
                          I had heard through other channels. He was able to finish a book on Eden before he died, if anyone is interested, it is available on Amazon, the title is: Eden was Here

https://www.amazon.com/Eden-was-Here.../dp/B08DSX3GLX
                          He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

Comment

I never did have any direct interaction with him, mostly because I didn't have any interest in NatSci, but I always enjoyed reading his contributions.

(I'll definitely have to pick up that book later)
                            Mercenary Maxim 37: There is No 'Overkill.' There is merely 'Open Fire,' and 'I need to Reload.'

Chaotic Void's Recommended Advice for Trump's Opposition to Punt him from the Oval Office: Git Gud

Comment

Originally posted by Chaotic Void View Post
                              I never did have any direct interaction with him, mostly because I didn't have any interest in NatSci, but I always enjoyed reading his contributions.

(I'll definitely have to pick up that book later)
                              He was one of the very early Twebbers. I don't recall exactly when he came on board but I think it was before me (I joined in 2003). He was a fixture here.

Comment