Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Jedidiah -- Tom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I received a lovely note and a copy of Tom's funeral program from his wife today.

There is a request in the program for anyone who wished to make a donation in Tom's memory to do so, in his name, to the Samaritan's Purse beekeeping program. This program educates people in undeveloped countries in the art of beekeeping and gives them resources to be able to set up small honeybee based businesses.

Here is the link to the program:

https://www.samaritanspurse.org/dona...ems/honeybees/

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I barely knew the guy. He did seem like a grandfatherly person. I am happy I could know him at all.
      sigpic

Comment

Jed is spending his first Father's Day in Heaven.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

No. I'll look forward to meeting you guys in heaven.
          I am become death...

Comment

Today is Tom's birthday.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Today is Tom's birthday.
              I bet he doesn't care.

(in no way is that a slam at DB -- good for us to remember, but Tom is 'havin a time'!)
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                I bet he doesn't care.

(in no way is that a slam at DB -- good for us to remember, but Tom is 'havin a time'!)
                Yup!
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                  Today is Tom's birthday.
                  No, March 12 is Tom's birthday now.
                  Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                  sigpic
                  I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                    No, March 12 is Tom's birthday now.
                    My friend, Jim, who had the liver transplant - has THREE birthdays! The one where he was physically born, the one where he got his new liver and was "born again" physically, and the one where he got a new heart and was born again spiritually.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                      I bet he doesn't care.

Nevertheless I still miss him. More than I thought I would when he first passed.

Still, I know I'll be meeting him when my time comes and I'm sure he'll have even enough crispy bacon at the ready for me when I do see him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Been thinking of Tom and missing him. He made Tweb a brighter place.

Comment

Tom's been gone a year as of a couple of days ago. He's so missed here.

But we know he's rejoicing in God's presence, along with his granddaughter.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            Tom's been gone a year as of a couple of days ago. He's so missed here.

But we know he's rejoicing in God's presence, along with his granddaughter.
                            And he's not busy hunting hand sanitizer or toilet paper or working on social distancing.

Comment

Happy Birthday in Heaven, Jed.

And bacon.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jed, we miss you.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X