Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Family Dog Put Down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family Dog Put Down

Sad day. She was 12 years old, a Black Lab and Great Pyrenees mix (looked like a Newfoundland). Great with kids, who took it pretty hard.

I bet she was beautiful! I love Pyrenees and Newfies!

Been there, done that, only with several cats. It's a bittersweet thing to have to do. And leaves a hole in our families, and our hearts, for a little while.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Been there, done that, only with several cats. It's a bittersweet thing to have to do. And leaves a hole in our families, and our hearts, for a little while.
      Yes, really sad for the kids and grandkids. Sad for me too since I sat with her to the end. But she could barely walk anymore and she woke up crying this morning, almost immobile, so we knew it was time.

Yes, great breed of dogs. I thought she was a Newfie for the longest time because she looked like one. But the original owners told us that she was a Pyrenees and Lab mix. The problem when she got immobile was she was huge; about 110 lbs. Not an animal I could carry outside to do her duties (she lived inside with us).

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post

Yes, really sad for the kids and grandkids. Sad for me too since I sat with her to the end. But she could barely walk anymore and she woke up crying this morning, almost immobile, so we knew it was time.

Yes, great breed of dogs. I thought she was a Newfie for the longest time because she looked like one. But the original owners told us that she was a Pyrenees and Lab mix. The problem when she got immobile was she was huge; about 110 lbs. Not an animal I could carry outside to do her duties (she lived inside with us).
        We know when we've done the right thing. But so very hard for everybody. Our last cat has been gone for about 11 years now. I still see her out of the corner of my eye sometimes. She is still missed so much. We did well with our last cats. They overlapped in age, the oldest being 5 when we got the last one. Both were Siamese, our preferred breed, and both lived for 18 years. They were indoor cats, which made a difference from our earlier cats, which were free roaming.

I suppose that size of dog would have issues with joints?

Do you have pictures of your dog you would be comfortable sharing with us?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I lost my favorite dog over 30 years ago and I still miss him.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sad day. She was 12 years old, a Black Lab and Great Pyrenees mix (looked like a Newfoundland). Great with kids, who took it pretty hard.
            Always a sad time when a pet dies.
            1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
            ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
            Scripture before Tradition:
            but that won't prevent others from
            taking it upon themselves to deprive you
            of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

We know when we've done the right thing. But so very hard for everybody. Our last cat has been gone for about 11 years now. I still see her out of the corner of my eye sometimes. She is still missed so much. We did well with our last cats. They overlapped in age, the oldest being 5 when we got the last one. Both were Siamese, our preferred breed, and both lived for 18 years. They were indoor cats, which made a difference from our earlier cats, which were free roaming.

I suppose that size of dog would have issues with joints?

Do you have pictures of your dog you would be comfortable sharing with us?
              Surprisingly, not many. Most pics I took were of kids and grandkids. Others may have some better ones.

6 months.jpg
              3 years.jpg7 years.jpg
              10 years.jpg
              None of them show scale very much, except the last one. But she still looks small in it.

Comment

Surprisingly, not many. Most pics I took were of kids and grandkids. Others may have some better ones.

6 months.jpg
                3 years.jpg7 years.jpg
                10 years.jpg
                None of them show scale very much, except the last one. But she still looks small in it.
                Oh, she was gorgeous! That plume-y tail! Thank you!

Comment

sorry for your loss. I have had to put 2 dogs to sleep. Both times it was very hard.

Comment

As of yesterday, the family dog of 12 years is also no longer with us. My next-door friend was more broken up than anybody was when we all went to put her to sleep. Piper was her favorite pooch, and they had a really special bond. The autistic grandson hugged her in his arms as she faded out of this world. He had helped me make a marker earlier with her paw prints set in concrete. She had stopped eating for the last week and her advanced arthritis was pitiful to see. The back yard is so empty now, but at least she won't have to endure another Fourth of July week of fireworks which she absolutely hated.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Resurrections View Post
                      As of yesterday, the family dog of 12 years is also no longer with us. My next-door friend was more broken up than anybody was when we all went to put her to sleep. Piper was her favorite pooch, and they had a really special bond. The autistic grandson hugged her in his arms as she faded out of this world. He had helped me make a marker earlier with her paw prints set in concrete. She had stopped eating for the last week and her advanced arthritis was pitiful to see. The back yard is so empty now, but at least she won't have to endure another Fourth of July week of fireworks which she absolutely hated.
                      So sorry. I know how you feel.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X