Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Fidel Castro Dead at 90

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fidel Castro Dead at 90

No matter what our opinion was, he was a key figure in history. BE NICE, this is the memorial garden.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/world/f...says-1.3177928
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Well, now he has learnt whom he was "fidel" / "faithful" to.
    http://notontimsblogroundhere.blogspot.fr/p/apologetics-section.html

Thanks, Sparko, for telling how I add the link here!

Comment

why does Castro deserve a "memorial" thread or to "be nice"? He was an evil dictator, and his brother Raul is now in charge and as bad.

Comment

I'm amazed how he smoked for decades and lived to 90.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
          I'm amazed how he smoked for decades and lived to 90.
          Well, it was Cuban cigars.

Comment

Shigechiyo Izumi, who at one time held the Guinness Record for longest lifespan (120) smoked almost all his life.
            "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I don't get all the "Cuba is free" sentiment I'm hearing. Raul Castro isn't going to undo everything.
              "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Fidel was an evil man and has passed into judgment.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                  I don't get all the "Cuba is free" sentiment I'm hearing. Raul Castro isn't going to undo everything.
                  No, but his power is greatly diminished, and I wouldn't be surprised if he was soon exiled to.... to... Venezuela?
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And it may turn out that the nation will change dramatically. .. we HAVE reestablished ties of a sort recently.
                    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      And it may turn out that the nation will change dramatically. .. we HAVE reestablished ties of a sort recently.
                      Yes, apparently a typical Obama-style 'deal' where Castro won big, and the US got no concessions. Perhaps, with Fidel's passing, those "ties" can be refined to the good of the Cuban and American people.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                        Fidel was an evil man and has passed into judgment.
                        Canada's Trudeau to skip Castro funeral after backlash

By Andrea Hopkins

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will not attend the funeral of Fidel Castro, his office said on Monday, days after Trudeau's warm comments about the late Cuban leader sparked a backlash.

Trudeau referred on Saturday to Castro as a "remarkable leader" and expressed his sorrow at the death of "Cuba’s longest serving president."

Trudeau acknowledged on Sunday that Castro had been a dictator as political opponents called on him to boycott the funeral.

Outrage and mockery about Trudeau's fond words for Castro, who had been an honorary pallbearer at the funeral in 2000 of Trudeau's father, former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, has threatened to end the Liberal leader's long honeymoon.

Noting the "many questions" about whether Trudeau would attend the funeral, spokeswoman Andree-Lyne Halle said in an email the prime minister would skip the event.

"His schedule doesn't permit it," she said.

Comment

This doesn't seem to be working out as The Year of the Liberals, does it?

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                            Canada's Trudeau to skip Castro funeral after backlash

By Andrea Hopkins

OTTAWA (Reuters) - Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau will not attend the funeral of Fidel Castro, his office said on Monday, days after Trudeau's warm comments about the late Cuban leader sparked a backlash.

Trudeau referred on Saturday to Castro as a "remarkable leader" and expressed his sorrow at the death of "Cuba’s longest serving president."

Trudeau acknowledged on Sunday that Castro had been a dictator as political opponents called on him to boycott the funeral.

Outrage and mockery about Trudeau's fond words for Castro, who had been an honorary pallbearer at the funeral in 2000 of Trudeau's father, former Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, has threatened to end the Liberal leader's long honeymoon.

Noting the "many questions" about whether Trudeau would attend the funeral, spokeswoman Andree-Lyne Halle said in an email the prime minister would skip the event.

"His schedule doesn't permit it," she said.
                            According to the news yesterday, he is unhappy that people might not like him if he goes.

He is a jackass, and he is not my PM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              This doesn't seem to be working out as The Year of the Liberals, does it?
                              Wouldn't surprise me if he was Time's "Man of the Year".

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X