Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

One of my best friends died yesterday.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of my best friends died yesterday.

One of my oldest and closest friends, Russ, died yesterday.

We haven't been in touch most of this year because of COVID, other than through facebook. I got an email from his wife today that he passed away yesterday while being in the hospital for some health issues, I don't know much more than that at the moment.

We used to go shooting together and had planned to do some fishing until the pandemic hit. He was a great guy, full of life and always had a story to tell. He used to play a 12 string guitar and was one of the best guitar players I ever saw.

He leaves behind a loving wife and 3 children.

1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
    ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
    Scripture before Tradition:
    but that won't prevent others from
    taking it upon themselves to deprive you
    of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Sorry for your and his family's loss my friend.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            He had asked if he could go fishing with us once a couple of years ago. I told him I would ask you but then Covid hit and nobody was fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              One of my oldest and closest friends, Russ, died yesterday.

We haven't been in touch most of this year because of COVID, other than through facebook. I got an email from his wife today that he passed away yesterday while being in the hospital for some health issues, I don't know much more than that at the moment.

We used to go shooting together and had planned to do some fishing until the pandemic hit. He was a great guy, full of life and always had a story to tell. He used to play a 12 string guitar and was one of the best guitar players I ever saw.

He leaves behind a loving wife and 3 children.

I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

He had asked if he could go fishing with us once a couple of years ago. I told him I would ask you but then Covid hit and nobody was fishing.

Haven't gotten to go fishing much lately either. We did get one really good trip this year, I wish you guys could have come. Garlic scented nightcrawlers are really good bait for the big ones at the lake. It has gotten hard to find them after people started finding out how well they work.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X