Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Jack Chick Dies at 92

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Chick Dies at 92

Jack Chick apparently passed away last Sunday. I would never use Jack Chick tracts today (although I did in my more fundamentalist days), but I have to admit, they have a certain charm. Despite being extremely outlandish,I believe Chick truly loved the Lord and was truly motivated by love and a desire to win people to Christ. I also have no doubt that God used the truth of the gospel in his tracts and comics to bring many people to saving faith. A most intriguing figure, now with the Lord.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/gle...el-tracts.html
    Last edited by ukchristian28; 10-24-2016, 11:18 PM.

In spite of the errors found in his tracks I do think he is with the Lord.
    Last edited by Cerebrum123; 10-25-2016, 09:05 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

You might want to edit your post. There's a rather blasphemous typo:).

Comment

Well I think he is gonna be surprised at all the Catholics in heaven.

Comment

TheWall, it's probably way too late for you to edit. Give me a corrected version and I can edit it your post.

Comment

Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
            TheWall, it's probably way too late for you to edit. Give me a corrected version and I can edit it your post.
            Likely just want to add "with".

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              Done.

Comment

Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

These typos are getting annoying. Cracked phone screens tend to lead to that.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                    I thought you meant the part about errors in his tracks. What was blasphemous about that? Now it makes sense.
                    When I Survey....

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                      Well I think he is gonna be surprised at all the Catholics in heaven.
                      "Whosoever believes Jesus is the Christ is born of God, . . ." -- 1 John 5:1.
                      . . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

Reminds me of that joke where several people from different Christian denominations die and go to heaven. They are told to be quiet when passing by a certain room, because the fundy Christians in that room think they are the only ones there.
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

We don't know much about Chick; all we have to go on are his tracts.
                          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                            He was a very private person.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
                              This is an interesting account of an encounter Catholic Answers' Jimmy Akin had with him.

http://www.catholic.com/magazine/art...eet-jack-chick

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X