Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

And the Answer Is....What is Heaven Like with Alex Trebek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Answer Is....What is Heaven Like with Alex Trebek?

I grew up with you, Alex. Rest in Peace.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...le-age-n990066
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Yeah he will be missed.

Comment

alex.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'm not sure if Trebek was a Christian so I don't know if I can fully endorse the thread title. But I will say that as somebody who really doesn't pay attention to celebrity deaths at all... this is the one that's hit me harder than any other in recent memory. I nearly started crying at work.
        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
          I'm not sure if Trebek was a Christian so I don't know if I can fully endorse the thread title. But I will say that as somebody who really doesn't pay attention to celebrity deaths at all... this is the one that's hit me harder than any other in recent memory. I nearly started crying at work.
          I actually thought the same...but decided to hope for the best. After all, who knows what happened in those final moments.

Yeah I'm going to really miss him. The show episodes with him are said to run out in December I think and I think that's when it will become real.
          Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Wikipedia says that he "stated he believed in God as a Christian" and I recall that he cited prayer as a reason when his condition temporarily improved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

His wife is Christian Science.

In an interview from this July he said he doesn't believe in a particular God or an afterlife.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/j...ew-memoir.html

But DB is right........we don't know that God didn't work in his last moments.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Sounds like his religion was Moral Therapeutic Deism. Hopefully something happened we didn't know about.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

From my readings he may have been more spiritual rather then a particular belief.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X