Announcement

Collapse

Memorial Garden Guidelines

This forum is to remember all friends and family who passed from this earth. We were lucky to know them, let us encourage one another with their memories.
This is not a debate area, nor a place to speak ill of the dead.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Sean Connery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sean Connery

Sean Connery dies aged 90.
    well known for his role as Jimmy Bond
    “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
    “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
    “not all there” - you know who you are

Originally posted by firstfloor View Post
    Sean Connery dies aged 90.
    well known for his role as Jimmy Bond
    Jimmy Bond was the nephew of Sir James Bond and played by Woody Allen.

I always like Connery and how he overcame being typed cast in latter years in films like "The Wind and the Lion," "The Man Who Would Be King" (both from 1975), "Time Bandits" (1981), "The Untouchables" (1987), "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" (1989), and "The Hunt for Red October" (1990) among others.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Sir Sean Connery deserved his knighthood. Very talented actor and person.
      Last edited by DesertBerean; 10-31-2020, 08:56 AM.
      Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

I even liked him in "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" (which Connery loathed).

"Zadoz"? Not so much.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I always liked knowing that as he played next to Christopher Lambert in Highlander that Connery was, in real life, of the Clan MacLeod.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
            I always liked knowing that as he played next to Christopher Lambert in Highlander that Connery was, in real life, of the Clan MacLeod.
            Really? Wow cool.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Really? Wow cool.
              Yuh. It's like one of those trivia bits that add a little more interest to the picture.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

The cynic in me (rogue02.1¾.06) makes me wonder if they chose that clan because it was the one which Connery had descended from.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  The cynic in me (rogue02.1¾.06) makes me wonder if they chose that clan because it was the one which Connery had descended from.
                  It's possible. He was a very proud Scot, certainly.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X