Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Experience! (Pearls version 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teallaura
    replied
    ^ Yeah, that.

Leave a comment:

• Paprika
    replied
    Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post
    That, and some of the posts I haven't read don't show up dark blue. I think they are too old or something. I keep missing out on the conversations because I lose track.
    The problem is that posts seem to automatically mark themselves as read.

Logging out with unread posts will result in all posts then marked unread marked read when logging in.
    Last edited by Paprika; 02-10-2014, 12:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Cerebrum123
    replied
    Originally posted by princesa View Post
    I agree. I don't see the point of it. You are removing the personal touch of seeing who sent them to you and replacing it with numbers only and no redeemable value.

Also, the New Posts side thread was a great feature of the old model, I'm sure I speak for a few, it would be nice to see that back up.
    That, and some of the posts I haven't read don't show up dark blue. I think they are too old or something. I keep missing out on the conversations because I lose track.

Leave a comment:

• princesa
    replied
    I agree. I don't see the point of it. You are removing the personal touch of seeing who sent them to you and replacing it with numbers only and no redeemable value.

Also, the New Posts side thread was a great feature of the old model, I'm sure I speak for a few, it would be nice to see that back up.

Leave a comment:

• Cow Poke
    replied
    Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
    Amens were intended to be an easy way to say "me too" without having to make a post. This is mostly a more complicated version of pearls, except you keep accumulating "experience" instead of starting with a fixed quantity of pearls. IMO the limited quantity of pearls made them more 'valuable.'
    yeah

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Originally posted by mossrose View Post
    And it is nothing like pearls.

Or even amens.

Amen, moss, and pearls to you (if I could).

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    Yeah!

With the pearls, you knew who gave them to you and usually why. And you could explain why you are giving them to someone.

Can't do either with the points.

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Chrs
    replied
    Yeah, going to get amens working too.

Leave a comment:

• One Bad Pig
    replied
    Amens were intended to be an easy way to say "me too" without having to make a post. This is mostly a more complicated version of pearls, except you keep accumulating "experience" instead of starting with a fixed quantity of pearls. IMO the limited quantity of pearls made them more 'valuable.'

Leave a comment:

• mossrose
    replied
    And it is nothing like pearls.

Or even amens.

Leave a comment:

• Jedidiah
    replied
    Too complicated for me.

Leave a comment:

• MaxVel
    replied
    It says:

Points have been gave away
    (sic)

Leave a comment:

• Teallaura
    replied
    In case you're wondering, Chris, it's not fixed.

Leave a comment:

• Alcoth
    replied
    I went from 79 points down to 70 today... whhyyyy?

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X