Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Experience! (Pearls version 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
    Christianbookworm and Mossy, thank you. After seeing your posts, I took a long look around the editor. Behold! I have actually figured it out, getting the whole roster of smilies in a popup. I confess it didn't occur to me to simply try putting "glare" between two colons. Let me try this: :grateful:
    Yeah, I don't remember that one. But there is a big bunch of smileys around.

Just not my custom ones.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

:gratitude:
      The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Just remembered
        The greater number of laws . . . , the more thieves . . . there will be. ---- Lao-Tzu

[T]he truth I’m after and the truth never harmed anyone. What harms us is to persist in self-deceit and ignorance -— Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Comment

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Truthseeker View Post
            Just remembered
            If you go advanced there is an option that shows all the smilies. Had you forgotten that?
            Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

I went from 79 points down to 70 today... whhyyyy?
              Your ability to find the silly in the serious will take you far.

Comment

In case you're wondering, Chris, it's not fixed.
                "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

It says:

Points have been gave away
                  (sic)
                  ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Too complicated for me.
                    Micah 6:8 He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justice, and to love kindness, and to walk humbly with your God?

Comment

And it is nothing like pearls.

Or even amens.

Comment

Amens were intended to be an easy way to say "me too" without having to make a post. This is mostly a more complicated version of pearls, except you keep accumulating "experience" instead of starting with a fixed quantity of pearls. IMO the limited quantity of pearls made them more 'valuable.'
                        Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
                        sigpic
                        I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Yeah, going to get amens working too.

Comment

"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Forgiveness is the way of love." Gary Chapman

My Personal Blog

My Novella blog (Current Novella Begins on 7/25/14)

Quill Sword

Comment

Yeah!

With the pearls, you knew who gave them to you and usually why. And you could explain why you are giving them to someone.

Can't do either with the points.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                And it is nothing like pearls.

Or even amens.

Amen, moss, and pearls to you (if I could).

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X