Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Theologyweb is 20 years old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

If TWeb was based in Australia, that would have happened two years ago. And if in France, it would never have been an issue.
    I was 18 when I was legally allowed to drink.

There was this idea back then that if we could draft someone and send them off to fight and die for their country at that age then they should also be allowed to have a beer.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
      I was 18 when I was legally allowed to drink.

There was this idea back then that if we could draft someone and send them off to fight and die for their country at that age then they should also be allowed to have a beer.
      Generally 18 was the age for beer and 21 for hard liquor as far as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Generally 18 was the age for beer and 21 for hard liquor as far as I recall.
        18 for both here.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

If TWeb was based in Australia, that would have happened two years ago. And if in France, it would never have been an issue.
          In Puritan New England, it wouldn't have been an issue. Strangely, the anti-alcohol crusade was initiated by progressives. Somehow, in the early part of the last century, it became a fundamentalist thing.
          Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
          sigpic
          I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
            In Puritan New England, it wouldn't have been an issue. Strangely, the anti-alcohol crusade was initiated by progressives. Somehow, in the early part of the last century, it became a fundamentalist thing.
            FWIU, New Englanders were well known for their copious appetite for rum back in Colonial days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              Dang did we all join because of JP Holding? I was actually on Usenet in various Christian newsgroups and saw some posts of JP Holdings and a link to Theologyweb. I joined early 2004 I think (I just missed getting the "apple" badge for first year members)
              I joined because of JB telling me how badly the Mormon posters were representing my religion...
              I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

Today is TWeb's 21st birthday.

Happy birthday. A lot has changed in these past few ... decades.

Comment

Originally posted by cirisme View Post

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    I just noticed that this year Tweb is 20 years old.

Someone ought to start a thread.
                    I'm awful with dates, so it's a good thing I've still got my apple.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

I'm awful with dates, so it's a good thing I've still got my apple.
                      And pearls. Where would be without our pearls!

Comment

Nice to see you!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

More proof they'll let anyone post here.

Comment

Nice to see you around. Hope it's more than just passing through.

Comment

21 Years? Man, TheologyWeb is geriatric as far as Websites are concerned.
                              Have You Touched Grass Today? If Not, Please Do.

Comment

Didn't realize TheologyWeb was that old. I also around before the great crash. Hope it lasts another 21 years.
                                "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X