Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Theologyweb is 20 years old!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dang did we all join because of JP Holding? I was actually on Usenet in various Christian newsgroups and saw some posts of JP Holdings and a link to Theologyweb. I joined early 2004 I think (I just missed getting the "apple" badge for first year members)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Dang did we all join because of JP Holding? I was actually on Usenet in various Christian newsgroups and saw some posts of JP Holdings and a link to Theologyweb. I joined early 2004 I think (I just missed getting the "apple" badge for first year members)
      I joined because of Christian Manga (can’t recall the exact name). MelMak was a member of that and he said it was recommend by them. I remember quite a few members came from there. DeeDee made a thread once asking who Al, had come from there, and lots of folk did.

The Melody Maker

Maybe it was Christian Anime Alliance? Ack! My brain!
      Last edited by mossrose; 02-24-2023, 09:44 AM.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
        Seems like a lot did. I was on Usenet Christian newsgroups as well but I don't remember seeing JP Holding there.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
          I found Tektonics (and https://www.christianthinktank.com/) around 1999 or 2000.
          I knew about Christian Think Tank but not about JP when I kinda wandered in after someone left the door open.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Seems like a lot did. I was on Usenet Christian newsgroups as well but I don't remember seeing JP Holding there.
            Could have been someone referring to him and me finding his website or theologyweb from that. Been a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I joined because of Christian Manga (can’t recall the exact name). MelMak was a member of that and he said it was recommend by them. I remember quite a few members came from there. DeeDee made a thread once asking who Al, had come from there, and lots of folk did.

The Melody Maker

Maybe it was Christian Anime Alliance? Ack! My brain!
              That sounds right.
              Enter the Church and wash away your sins. For here there is a hospital and not a court of law. Do not be ashamed to enter the Church; be ashamed when you sin, but not when you repent. – St. John Chrysostom

Veritas vos Liberabit<>< Learn Greek <>< Look here for an Orthodox Church in America<><Ancient Faith Radio
              sigpic
              I recommend you do not try too hard and ...research as little as possible. Such weighty things give me a headache. - Shunyadragon, Baha'i apologist

Comment

Rayado convinced me to join.
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Maybe it was Christian Anime Alliance?

So, did you guys ever get around to discussing theoology seriously?
                  ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post

So, did you guys ever get around to discussing theoology seriously?
                    Yes! Quite a bit in the old days. You never saw the discussions with Blonde or Jackie that were quite spirited. And lots of others that I can't remember.

Civics kind of takes over everything else these days. We need YOU to get some good theological discussions going.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Yes! Quite a bit in the old days. You never saw the discussions with Blonde or Jackie that were quite spirited. And lots of others that I can't remember.

Civics kind of takes over everything else these days. We need YOU to get some good theological discussions going.
                      I should start a thread entitled "Politics is the devil!" just to see how far it goes.
                      ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

I should start a thread entitled "Politics is the devil!" just to see how far it goes.
                        Put it in the right place! Where ever that might be.

And I remembered that the crazy lady's name was Da Blonde, not just Blonde.

Comment

If you've read Dante's Inferno, corrupt politicians and their lackeys end up in the Eighth Circle of Hell.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by One Bad Pig View Post
                            I found Tektonics (and https://www.christianthinktank.com/) around 1999 or 2000.
                            I think I found it closer to 2003 to 2005.

Comment

Huh this dating site is that old
                              A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                              George Bernard Shaw

Comment

I realize when I joined this crazy site I was in RCIA ( rite of Christian Initiation for Adults) that was back in 2008. Wow how much has changed since then.
                                A happy family is but an earlier heaven.
                                George Bernard Shaw

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X