Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Your help is needed. Please donate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    I don't know of any way to donate without your name being revealed to us. We do keep it private. But don't worry about it. We ask for donations but don't require them. You are free to use Theologyweb without pay.

And right now we are still waiting on Raphael to have time to do the upgrade.
    Is Raphael still around? I haven't seen any posts from him lately.
    Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
      Is Raphael still around? I haven't seen any posts from him lately.
      He is just really busy with real life right now. Leonhard has joined our IT team to help whenever he has the time, but he is also very busy.

Comment

Sorry to do this again but I am back to beg for more donations.

We are currently running about a $13/month deficit (spending more than taking in) and so we need some of you guys to step up and donate what you can. Just three $5/month donations would fix the shortfall.

You can donate by clicking here https://theologyweb.com/campus/help#...ologywebdonate

You can donate monthly with $5, $10, etc, or make a one time donation below that.

Thanks again!

PS - and anyone reading this thread, the upgrade has been done and this is the new Tweb. We finished it in 2021.

Comment

I'm Baaaaa-aaack!

Guys we have only one person making any monthly donations, and our server costs have gone up over the last year to $31/month and we just had to pay our annual domain registration fees of $48.

We really need just a few of you to step up and take on a $5 or $10 monthly donation. Or whatever you can afford (a $1 or $2/month donation?) - or if you could even make a one-time donation that would be great too.

Click on Support Tweb at the top of the page or just click here:

https://theologyweb.com/campus/help#...ologywebdonate

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I'm Baaaaa-aaack!

Guys we have only one person making any monthly donations, and our server costs have gone up over the last year to $31/month and we just had to pay our annual domain registration fees of $48.

We really need just a few of you to step up and take on a $5 or $10 monthly donation. Or whatever you can afford (a $1 or $2/month donation?) - or if you could even make a one-time donation that would be great too.

Click on Support Tweb at the top of the page or just click here:

https://theologyweb.com/campus/help#...ologywebdonate
            Yep...... fair enough. We do not have any direct debits or standing orders on any of our accounts but we notice that you use paypal and can accept one-off payments, so sent ya a a few quid via that.

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Yep...... fair enough. We do not have any direct debits or standing orders on any of our accounts but we notice that you use paypal and can accept one-off payments, so sent ya a a few quid via that.
              Covered one month server cost. Can't make regular donations.
              1Cor 15:34 Come to your senses as you ought and stop sinning; for I say to your shame, there are some who know not God.
              ⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛
              Scripture before Tradition:
              but that won't prevent others from
              taking it upon themselves to deprive you
              of the right to call yourself Christian.

⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛⊛

Comment

Originally posted by eider View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Than you too! Everything is appreciated.

Comment

I've cleared my conscience ... slightly.

Comment

What TWEB needs is a philanthropist like "Limana." Many years ago, IIRC, Metacrock was publicly seeking donations for a medical procedure and she ponied up thousands of $ for it, pretty much paid for the whole thing. Funny, because she seemed pretty surly online.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        What TWEB needs is a philanthropist like "Limana." Many years ago, IIRC, Metacrock was publicly seeking donations for a medical procedure and she ponied up thousands of $ for it, pretty much paid for the whole thing. Funny, because she seemed pretty surly online.
                        Sometimes people use an outwardly mean demeanor as a defense mechanism.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          We used to have contests and such like a "banning auction" where people could purchase banning tokens for donations and put them on various volunteers to ban them from Tweb for a certain period. Many of the staff used to volunteer and then campaign to be banned. It was a lot of fun. But we don't have the method of doing that now (buying tokens and then voting with the tokens on different people). cirisme (one of the old owners) was a programmer and wrote custom code to do that, but it doesn't work on the new software we run.

Comment

What happened to the links for donating through Amazon? I looked for them before Christmas and as far as I can tell they've gone missing.
                            ~ Russell ("MelMak")

"[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

Fight spam!

Comment

Originally posted by The Melody Maker View Post
                              What happened to the links for donating through Amazon? I looked for them before Christmas and as far as I can tell they've gone missing.
                              Amazon changed their rules for their links, especially setting up associate links in other countries. We would have to have Canadian tax ID's and such, and pay customs fees on any money made. So I just removed them.

Comment

Originally posted by tabibito View Post

Now I realise that I can bung a few quid via paypal.....no probs.
                                That's how I occasionally support wiki.

We pay our Council tax, TV licence, Water, Electric, Mobile/Internet all by payment cards..... and the only IT payment system we use is paypal, but they've got it here.... happy days!

Comment