Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

Usually it is just @ and then the name. I'll try it with your username Thoughtful Monk.
    Thanks. I see you got to include the space if there is one in the member's name.
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post

Thanks. I see you got to include the space if there is one in the member's name.
      It should bring up a person's name when you start typing it, and then you can just click on it and it will post. I think.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

It should bring up a person's name when you start typing it, and then you can just click on it and it will post. I think.
        So, if I type mossrose ... nope.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

so if I type mossrose - YEAH!!!! I had to include the @
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

You have to type the @ before the name? I think.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              so if I type mossrose - YEAH!!!! I had to include the @
              Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              You have to type the @ before the name? I think.
              And this from some of the "tech savvy" members of staff

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I've never messed with the @ tag before. I notice that H_A uses it liberally, though she seems incapable of using the simple QUOTE function.

Comment

I've never messed with the @ tag before. I notice that H_A uses it liberally, though she seems incapable of using the simple QUOTE function.
                    I had to figure out all by myself that I needed to tweak something in my settings so that I actually got a notification that someone had poked me.

I guess that makes me one of the techs on staff around here, at least in dear rogue-y's opinion.

Boy, is he wrong.

Comment

• I've noticed that if someone puts a Bible verse in a Thread title and you click on it, you don't go to the thread but the Bible look-up. See the current thread in Theology that references Matthews 19:9.

Any chance this can be disabled in a thread title?
                      "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

Comment

I've noticed that if someone puts a Bible verse in a Thread title and you click on it, you don't go to the thread but the Bible look-up. See the current thread in Theology that references Matthews 19:9.

For now, the best way around that is to make sure there's some text BESIDES just the reference -- I had the same trouble, so we added some words to the "scripture verse only" thread title.

Beyond that, Sparko may have a solution.

In the meantime, as my budder Rogue pointed out, you just have to click on the little blue thing at the beginning of the line...

blue thing.jpg
                        Last edited by Cow Poke; 01-12-2022, 02:05 PM.

Comment

I've noticed that if someone puts a Bible verse in a Thread title and you click on it, you don't go to the thread but the Bible look-up. See the current thread in Theology that references Matthews 19:9.

No. I have a java script add on from blue letter bible that automatically hyperlinks scripture to make it easier to look up what a verse is. Unfortunately it also seems to make mistakes like hyperlinking verses in titles and sometimes wrongly linking words in sentences that it thinks are bible verses, like if I say " That is 3 times harder than it should be" it will link the words "is 3" as Isaiah 3.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

No. I have a java script add on from blue letter bible that automatically hyperlinks scripture to make it easier to look up what a verse is. Unfortunately it also seems to make mistakes like hyperlinking verses in titles and sometimes wrongly linking words in sentences that it thinks are bible verses, like if I say " That is 3 times harder than it should be" it will link the words "is 3" as Isaiah 3.
                            Thanks, Sparko. I have seen the is 3 issue myself. I guess I'll have to be more careful on where I click.

Comment

• This is about timing out.

If I reply to a post and start composing a response, if I take too long I start getting pop ups about failed access to the server (something like that). My logon has timed out. There doesn't seem to be a way to just logon again without getting right out of everything. I've noticed if I hit preview often enough it doesn't time out. I can just carry on and shut down the pop ups but it's a pain. Is there a better way?

If I read a long post, stop for coffee or otherwise don't do anything for a while it times out. Fair enough. The problem is that the page still shows as if I'm logged on and I can't see any way to logon and stay where I am.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alien View Post
                                This is about timing out.

If I reply to a post and start composing a response, if I take too long I start getting pop ups about failed access to the server (something like that). My logon has timed out. There doesn't seem to be a way to just logon again without getting right out of everything. I've noticed if I hit preview often enough it doesn't time out. I can just carry on and shut down the pop ups but it's a pain. Is there a better way?

If I read a long post, stop for coffee or otherwise don't do anything for a while it times out. Fair enough. The problem is that the page still shows as if I'm logged on and I can't see any way to logon and stay where I am.
                                Are you checking the box that says "remember me" when you log on?

tweb.jpg

Also you might try
                                1. clearing your cookies and then logging on again and click the remember me box.
                                2. Try a different browser or check your browser setting to see if it is refreshing or deleting your cookies every so often.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X