Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cerebrum123 View Post

At least he doesn't have a modding mistake name specifically for him. Not yet anyway.
    This is about me, isn't it?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        I'm proof that if you beat someone enough they can eventually learn something

Computers are not my thing. Never have been. And yet I find the darndest ways of doing stuff that has at times led me into all sorts of places I shouldn't have been. And almost never on purpose.
        OK, so perhaps you can do what I can't do!!??

This is the picture I want:

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/Ae90JE...EyiRoCRofOL9U/

Comment

• Right click image and select "save image as" and click it

To post left click the image icon

25b6485e-cf12-479c-9430-79e47db74cc1.jpg

Left click upload under Image Properties in the upper left corner

Left click on "Choose File"

Left click on the desired image and hit open

Left click "Send it to the Server"

Now left click the Red/Orange "OK" button

Finally go down to the "Post Reply" and voila!

632d37cd042e3ab78cc87d41258983ee.jpg

And just for kicks I'll enlarge the image a bit for you in Google paint.

632d37cd042e3ab78cc87d41258983ee.jpg

Warning. Png files come out small and need to be converted into jpg or jpeg. There are also some type of pictures that the system won't accept

Hope this helps.

ETA: As a cheat, you can always place image tags ([img]) and ([/img]) around the url but there are problems associated with this method and I only do it for gifs that are too large for the system

Last edited by rogue06; 05-10-2021, 06:49 AM.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Yes.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              So you're committed to endeavoring to persevere
              Lone Watie ref noted.
              Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

Beige Federalist.

Nationalist Christian.

"Everybody is somebody's heretic."

Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

Proud member of the this space left blank community.

Would-be Grand Vizier of the Padishah Maxi-Super-Ultra-Hyper-Mega-MAGA King Trumpius Rex.

Justice for Ashli Babbitt!

Justice for Matthew Perna!

Arrest Ray Epps and his Fed bosses!

Comment

• Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post

Lone Watie ref noted.
                I love using that quote.

Comment

• rogue06,

Thanks for your help. My daughter is coming next week to help me through it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                    rogue06,

I changed it for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I changed it for you.
                      I don't know what to say except thank you, thank you, thank you.

Amen to you.

I like cats. This one praying is so smart. He KNOWS there is a God!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                        rogue06,

I should've realized you wanted it as an avatar picture since you had brought up wanting to get one previously

Although I'm not certain if I can change a member's picture at my level.

Anywho... thanks Sparko for taking care of it.

And another note about downloading images from your computer...

If it is a GIF it must be less than 2.0MB or it won't work. And it takes longer, sometimes substantially, for it to download after hitting "send it to the server" and before hitting "OK" than it does for still images.

Comment

• How do I reference someone in a post? I see in the previous post on this thread Sparko with his picture but I can't get it to work.

Of course, it does it now. Is there a trick or does it work for only certain members?
                          Last edited by Thoughtful Monk; 11-30-2021, 04:42 PM. Reason: Of course, @Sparko worked when I posted the post.
                          "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                            How do I reference someone in a post? I see in the previous post on this thread Sparko with his picture but I can't get it to work.

Of course, it does it now. Is there a trick or does it work for only certain members?
                            Usually it is just @ and then the name. I'll try it with your username Thoughtful Monk.

Comment

• One think I learned with that @ business, is that if I don't have it turned on in my settings, I don't get a notification that someone has summoned me by using it.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• I've noticed that every so often it doesn't seem to work

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X