Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the old TWeb, there was an option to minimize an entire section like Liberal Arts on the forum page. Any chance this might come back someday?
    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
      On the old TWeb, there was an option to minimize an entire section like Liberal Arts on the forum page. Any chance this might come back someday?
      I don't know.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I don't know.
        The beginning of all wisdom is "I don't know." - some wise person
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

if you are talking on the "my subscriptions" page that is because it is something I hacked together using a customized search function. It sometimes take the system a few minutes to clear out the search buffers. You will usually notice that those "left overs" are not bolded like the unread ones are.

There is another bug that might show really old threads as unread when you first start out on the new version of tweb. Some of the thread counters apparently didn't get updated. Once you have cleared all of those out by reading them again or just marking the entire forum read, it should not happen again.
          I'm not talking about my subscriptions (which I appreciate, thanks). I had marked all the channels read when I started the new version. But some of those old threads came back as unread

Comment

Originally posted by Celebrian View Post

I'm not talking about my subscriptions (which I appreciate, thanks). I had marked all the channels read when I started the new version. But some of those old threads came back as unread
            Maybe they just like you?

Comment

Looks like you fixed the avatar bug. I just updated mine and it looks great. Thanx.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                Looks like you fixed the avatar bug. I just updated mine and it looks great. Thanx.
                Yep. I had to change a variable.

Comment

Okay, what's with the fruit under people's avatar?

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                    Okay, what's with the fruit under people's avatar?
                    When we first started Tweb, we awarded the charter members with an Apple as a badge. (the previous owner was a macintosh fan) - but then other people wanted a badge, so we gave them a Pear. The Pearl is a nod to a currency we once had here, where you could award people pearls if you liked them. We can't implement that on this version of the software so I added it to the badges. The banana is because at one time we were enthralled with the banana phone song. And the orange is just to fill things out. And bacon, that is a nod to our late friend Jedidiah, Tweb's Grandpa. He came up with Jed's Law, which states the first person to mention bacon in a thread wins.

You are awarded different badges as you accumulate post counts. see: https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...11#post1195311

Comment

I miss pearls.

I miss Jed more.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

In case this is a real issue of concern ...

This one thread is stuck at showing NorrinRadd's post yesterday as the last one. But there have been many other posts
                        https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ional-lockdown

This is the only one i noticed on the Today's Post's tab

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          In case this is a real issue of concern ...

This one thread is stuck at showing NorrinRadd's post yesterday as the last one. But there have been many other posts
                          https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ional-lockdown

This is the only one i noticed on the Today's Post's tab
                          I've noticed this happening with several threads over the past few days. It is quite frustrating, certainly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

I've noticed this happening with several threads over the past few days. It is quite frustrating, certainly.
                            Been noticing it for the better part of a week.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I noticed the missing signature. I was going to put something cheeky in my signature. But that will have to wait.

Comment

Now that I found my lost password. My Crome brower knew it for www.t... but not this new t...

. . . the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; . . . -- Romans 1:16 KJV

. . . that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures: . . . -- 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 KJV

Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: . . . -- 1 John 5:1 KJV

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X