Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post

Because you don't have any, because nobody can find the pearls button.

I can, in a couple dozen languages. I've taught most of them, too.

So can a lot of others. It's a pretty common skill.
    Then hop to it!!!

I'll match every bitcoin you send to my favorite charity two to one.
    Hey you first. It was my idea! If you give me 2 bitcoin I will send you one back!

Comment

I fixed my avatar to fit the new style and updated the link so I should be good now.

Comment

First bug I have noticed - avatars in the posts are blurry. That needs to be addressed. I did upload a small file size - gif.

Comment

Originally posted by Sherman View Post
          First bug I have noticed - avatars in the posts are blurry. That needs to be addressed. I did upload a small file size - gif.
          You need to upload avatars 175 x 175 pixels or larger. If they are smaller, they are enlarged and become blurry.

Comment

Okay I will try that. Thanks

Comment

The image is still compressed and made blurry. I used a larger file

Comment

The image is still compressed and made blurry. I used a larger file
                Attach the image to a post so I can see. When I look at your avatar it shows the actual image is 100 x 100

Comment

The GIF fared worse then the PNG so I went back to the PNG Here it is in the profile - linking to the avatar - I cannot upload images to the site - except into the avatar.

It is a PNG 523 X 523.

There seems to be a lot of permissions for me that are disabled. I cannot attached the avatar via URL either. It tells be that is not valid.

Comment

The GIF fared worse then the PNG so I went back to the PNG Here it is in the profile - linking to the avatar - I cannot upload images to the site - except into the avatar.

It is a PNG 523 X 523.

There seems to be a lot of permissions for me that are disabled. I cannot attached the avatar via URL either. It tells be that is not valid.
                    weird.

First, make sure you have that one you just attached saved to your computer somewhere. The try changing your avatar to something else, just to make sure it is clearing out your old avatar. Then upload your high resolution PNG file and see what happens. It looks like you didn't actually upload it because when I right click on your avatar and do a "view image" it shows a small picture that is 100 x 100.

Comment

This is another 523 x 523 PNG and somehow through the system it turns it into a 100 x 100 before enlarging it again. We hit on what the issue it with it blurring out people's avatars.

Comment

This is another 523 x 523 PNG and somehow through the system it turns it into a 100 x 100 before enlarging it again. We hit on what the issue it with it blurring out people's avatars.
                        Yep I just did my avatar again and it went blurry. I will work on it.

Comment

This is what it does to the avatar I upload.

Comment

This is what it does to the avatar I upload.
                            I rebuilt the avatars and that fixed it, but it will probably happen again when you change your avatar. I will need to do some research.

Comment

I'll just leave the orange sunset avatar up then.

Comment

I'll just leave the orange sunset avatar up then.
                                I put a question into vbulletin support. If I can't fix it, I might just have to redo all of the avatars to 100 x 100. Still better than the 60 x 60 it was before.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X