Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

I dont know what mean by two squares. can you take a screen shot?

The new site wants to use square avatars. If you upload a picture that is not square, or is larger than 175 x 175, it will ask you to resize a frame box to show the part of the picture you want to use as your avatar. If you want to use a wide-screen avatar, you need to resize it to 175 x 100 before uploading it.
    Ok, I get it now. It didn't want to accept the size so it was telling me to pick a part of it that would fit the 175 x175.

I shall resize it and try again later.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

So, perhaps I'm just blind. But I totally cannot find where to create a signature. Help?
      "If you believe, take the first step, it leads to Jesus Christ. If you don't believe, take the first step all the same, for you are bidden to take it. No one wants to know about your faith or unbelief, your orders are to perform the act of obedience on the spot. Then you will find yourself in the situation where faith becomes possible and where faith exists in the true sense of the word." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer, The Cost of Discipleship

Comment

Originally posted by myth View Post
        So, perhaps I'm just blind. But I totally cannot find where to create a signature. Help?
        go here:
        https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...gnature-blocks

Comment

Welcome to Theologyweb version 5!

Please use this thread to give us feedback, report bugs, and ask questions. Also in the study room I will be writing some tutorials on the new system. There is a pretty good help page available that you can also search to find out how various things work or how to do things. http://theologyweb.com/campus/help

Note: Because this version of theoloygweb uses different settings and page urls from the previous version, for the best performance please:

1. Clear all cookies and active logins on your browser and then log back into theologyweb.com

2. If you have any old bookmarks to theologyweb, please edit them to remove the "www" (change www.theologyweb.com to theologyweb.com) - the way the cookies store the information they see www as a separate site so if you log in and then later use your old link and go to www.theologyweb.com the site may show you as logged out since the site is set to redirect to just "theologyweb.com" - we have it set to redirect automatically but sometimes it doesn't work. The best thing is to just edit your bookmarks to remove the www.

I customized the avatar size on all styles (you can change styles at the bottom left of the page) in order to allow larger avatars. However, this breaks the mobile view on phones on those styles. If you are browsing theologyweb on your phone, please select the "Mobile Style" in order to view the page correctly.
          The only cookies I know how to make gone is chocolate chip cookies. Help!

Comment

Loving the quote/reply notification feature. Saves lots of time

Comment

I just added a Bible Verse tagger to the site. It turns any verse reference into a link with a popup window displaying the contents of the verse. Just hover your mouse over the links. If you click, it takes you to the Blueletter Bible site.

John 1:1
              eph 2:1
              John 1:1-4

Comment

I just added a Bible Verse tagger to the site. It turns any verse reference into a link with a popup window displaying the contents of the verse. Just hover your mouse over the links. If you click, it takes you to the Blueletter Bible site.

John 1:1
                eph 2:1
                John 1:1-4
                Epic. Unfortunately it uses ESV. Not epic.
                The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post

Epic. Unfortunately it uses ESV. Not epic.
                  That was my decision, I like the ESV. What do you want?

Comment

That was my decision, I like the ESV. What do you want?
                    I'd prefer the NKJV.
                    The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Originally posted by Dante View Post

I'd prefer the NKJV.
                      Start a poll thread and I will change it to whatever wins.

Here are the main contenders:
                      KJV
                      NKJV
                      ESV
                      NIV
                      NASB

Comment

I think the amen system should be done away with. I think it's dumb, especially now that you can't see who amened you. That makes it seem pointless. JMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          I think the amen system should be done away with. I think it's dumb, especially now that you can't see who amened you. That makes it seem pointless. JMHO.
                          click on the box that shows you how many amens a post has and it shows you a pop up of who amened. you.

Also, the amen system is linked to the reputation system (the orange bar under your avatar), the more amens you get, the more your reputation goes up. Which in turn makes your amens count more when you amen someone. If you break rules and get infractions, your reputation goes down.

Comment

I can't find the pearls button.

Comment

Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                              I can't find the pearls button.
                              I decided not to cast pearls at you.

and mossy has already been complaining about that. I can't program so you are out of luck. But there is some sort of ranking system where people will get certain ranks for the number of posts they make, and I could make the "award" a pearl. I will have to check into it. But I don't have any way to "give" them or "get" them like currency.

Although... now that I think about it. Since I am a Pirate... we could use Bitcoin!

Comment

I decided not to cast pearls at you.
                                Because you don't have any, because nobody can find the pearls button.

and mossy has already been complaining about that. I can't program so you are out of luck.
                                I can, in a couple dozen languages. I've taught most of them, too.

So can a lot of others. It's a pretty common skill.

But there is some sort of ranking system where people will get certain ranks for the number of posts they make, and I could make the "award" a pearl. I will have to check into it. But I don't have any way to "give" them or "get" them like currency.
                                Fake pearls that you can't trade are rank, so that's on point at least.

Although... now that I think about it. Since I am a Pirate... we could use Bitcoin!
                                I'll match every bitcoin you send to my favorite charity two to one.

Comment