Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Ok. So, I have to actually go to every forum to mark it read? There's no way to do that on the "today's posts" page?
    At the bottom of the forum home page there is a link that says, "mark all channels read"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

At the bottom of the forum home page there is a link that says, "mark all channels read"
      Oh. Thanks.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Oh wow, everything looks new now. Huh, both my given and received amens have been reset to zero.
        The fact that science cannot make any pronouncement about ethical principles has been misinterpreted as indicating that there are no such principles; while in fact the search for truth presupposes ethics. - Karl Popper, 1987

Comment

Bearded, bedraggled old man scrambles ashore, crawls up beach, to announce, “It’s”
          “I think God, in creating man, somewhat overestimated his ability.” ― Oscar Wilde
          “And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence” ― Bertrand Russell
          “not all there” - you know who you are

Comment

Sorry, had to remove the Amen function for now. The plugin was broken. Every time someone clicked on Amen, it reset that user's amens to 1.

Comment

I had a dozen messages informing me, dear, that I had received an amen. All for the same post.

Hopefully we will get that button working again, dear!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I had a dozen messages informing me, dear, that I had received an amen. All for the same post.

Hopefully we will get that button working again, dear!
                I found one that will put the likes totals in the post bit "likes received" "likes given" - and it says there is a way to rename it to whatever you want, but I don't know if it would rename the button or just the text in the post bit. It costs money, so I am looking around elsewhere before I risk paying for it and it doesn't work.

Comment

I found one that will put the likes totals in the post bit "likes received" "likes given" - and it says there is a way to rename it to whatever you want, but I don't know if it would rename the button or just the text in the post bit. It costs money, so I am looking around elsewhere before I risk paying for it and it doesn't work.
                  Well, I'd amen this post, or like it, but since only you and me and OB One and Raph can see it, then nevermind!

But, yuh, good thinking to look around before buying.

Comment

Quit amening my posts!

Comment

Question!

Is there a way to filter the "today's posts" thingy so that it only shows today's posts so that I don't have to click the filter button for today's posts every time I go to that thread?

Comment

Quit amening my posts!

I faked it!! I did a search and replace of the the variable "Like" and changed it to "Amen"

Now the button says "Amen" and "Un-Amen" (unless you can think of a better word)

Comment

I faked it!! I did a search and replace of the the variable "Like" and changed it to "Amen"

Now the button says "Amen" and "Un-Amen" (unless you can think of a better word)
                          Yay!

I think you should change un-amen to "did a CP".

Comment

You can stop getting notifications every time someone amens your posts by going to your profile, user settings, notifications tab, and uncheck the "Amens your post"

notification.jpg

Comment

Welcome to Theologyweb version 5!

Please use this thread to give us feedback, report bugs, and ask questions. Also in the study room I will be writing some tutorials on the new system. There is a pretty good help page available that you can also search to find out how various things work or how to do things. http://theologyweb.com/campus/help

Note: Because this version of theoloygweb uses different settings and page urls from the previous version, for the best performance please:

1. Clear all cookies and active logins on your browser and then log back into theologyweb.com

2. If you have any old bookmarks to theologyweb, please edit them to remove the "www" (change www.theologyweb.com to theologyweb.com) - the way the cookies store the information they see www as a separate site so if you log in and then later use your old link and go to www.theologyweb.com the site may show you as logged out since the site is set to redirect to just "theologyweb.com" - we have it set to redirect automatically but sometimes it doesn't work. The best thing is to just edit your bookmarks to remove the www.

I customized the avatar size on all styles (you can change styles at the bottom left of the page) in order to allow larger avatars. However, this breaks the mobile view on phones on those styles. If you are browsing theologyweb on your phone, please select the "Mobile Style" in order to view the page correctly.
                              Sparky, I tried to change my av and it won't load the one with the rolling pin in the hole in the road. It breaks it up into 2 smaller squares and wants me to choose which "side" I want to use.

Help?

Comment

Sparky, I tried to change my av and it won't load the one with the rolling pin in the hole in the road. It breaks it up into 2 smaller squares and wants me to choose which "side" I want to use.

Help?
                                I dont know what mean by two squares. can you take a screen shot?

The new site wants to use square avatars. If you upload a picture that is not square, or is larger than 175 x 175, it will ask you to resize a frame box to show the part of the picture you want to use as your avatar. If you want to use a wide-screen avatar, you need to resize it to 175 x 100 before uploading it.

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X