Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 37818 View Post
    Now that I found my lost password. My Crome brower knew it for www.t... but not this new t...

welcome back.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
      In case this is a real issue of concern ...

This one thread is stuck at showing NorrinRadd's post yesterday as the last one. But there have been many other posts
      https://theologyweb.com/campus/forum...ional-lockdown

This is the only one i noticed on the Today's Post's tab
      Often, I will see a certain user as the last person responding to a thread, but the avatar next to their name will be the correct avatar of the person who is, indeed, the last person posting in that thread.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

Often, I will see a certain user as the last person responding to a thread, but the avatar next to their name will be the correct avatar of the person who is, indeed, the last person posting in that thread.
        I think this is caused by the system not updating the search database instantly, but processing it every few minutes (the My Subscriptions list link is basically just a search call). I have noticed that if you wait a few minutes it usually clears up. If not you can click on the last post link to go to that thread and it will then clear out the old listing in your subscription list.

Comment

Whenever I'm reading a thread on my phone, if someone has animated GIFs in marquee tags, I can't scroll past the GIF. And rogue posts them all the time so it's not a rare occurrence. I'm having to find creative ways to get to the next post.

I'm using the mobile style theme.
          Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Originally posted by QuantaFille View Post
            Whenever I'm reading a thread on my phone, if someone has animated GIFs in marquee tags, I can't scroll past the GIF. And rogue posts them all the time so it's not a rare occurrence. I'm having to find creative ways to get to the next post.

I'm using the mobile style theme.
            what device are you using? Iphone? android? tablet? ipad?

I just tried it on my iphone using the mobile skin on Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it works fine for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

what device are you using? Iphone? android? tablet? ipad?

I just tried it on my iphone using the mobile skin on Safari, Chrome and Firefox and it works fine for me.
              I have a Galaxy S10e, using Chrome. RG has an identical phone, I can see if it happens on his too. I can try another browser too, but I'd really rather be able to keep using Chrome.
              Curiosity never hurt anyone. It was stupidity that killed the cat.

Comment

Where do I find the emoticons?

Comment

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                  Where do I find the emoticons?
                  I just discovered this the other day!

At the top of each reply box, on the far right side, is a little bluish smiley in a box. Just click on that and it will open up the box with the smiley thingys underneath the reply box.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

At the top of each reply box, on the far right side, is a little bluish smiley in a box. Just click on that and it will open up the box with the smiley thingys underneath the reply box.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

Thank you. Now can you tell how I can change my gray picture to something else?

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian3 View Post

Thank you. Now can you tell how I can change my gray picture to something else?
                        You're welcome!

To change your avatar, go to your profile, which you can access, if you don't already know, by clicking on your name on the very top of every page in the right corner, and pulling down that menu.

When you are on your profile page, you will see your avatar on the left. It should have a button right on it at the bottom that will open up another page where you can upload a picture.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post

You're welcome!

To change your avatar, go to your profile, which you can access, if you don't already know, by clicking on your name on the very top of every page in the right corner, and pulling down that menu.

When you are on your profile page, you will see your avatar on the left. It should have a button right on it at the bottom that will open up another page where you can upload a picture.
                          You would not believe how inept I am at this. I need to ask the teenager at the end of my street for help.

Comment

You would not believe how inept I am at this. I need to ask the teenager at the end of my street for help.

Comment

Ask some of the folks around here how much fun they had trying to teach me how to be a mod. One even quit trying out of frustration

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                Ask some of the folks around here how much fun they had trying to teach me how to be a mod. One even quit trying out of frustration
                                And some of us are still trying to sort you out!

Comment

widgetinstance 221 (Related Threads) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X