Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    One amened, two liked.

    Comment


    • #62
      If you are wondering about the fruit icons:

      ScreenHunter_.jpg

      Comment


      • #63
        Just out of curiosity, does the new tweb have an ignore feature?
        "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

        Comment


        • #64
          Is it possible to do "nested" quotes? That was possible -- manually -- on the old system. It was occasionally useful for maintaining context.

          Is it possible to do "multi-quotes," other than by tedious manual means?
          Geislerminian Antinomian Kenotic Charispneumaticostal Gender Mutualist-Egalitarian.

          Beige Nationalist.

          "Everybody is somebody's heretic."

          Social Justice is usually the opposite of actual justice.

          Comment


          • #65
            Originally posted by seanD View Post
            Just out of curiosity, does the new tweb have an ignore feature?
            yes
            https://theologyweb.com/campus/help?...xt=1&match=any

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by NorrinRadd View Post
              Is it possible to do "nested" quotes? That was possible -- manually -- on the old system. It was occasionally useful for maintaining context.

              Is it possible to do "multi-quotes," other than by tedious manual means?
              Yeah but it isn't exactly intuitive.

              You have to click the quote button on the bottom of each post you want to multiquote. then at the top of the page on the left you will see a button that says Post Reply (x) where the x is the number of posts you have clicked quote on. Click that, then all of the posts will appear at the bottom of the screen in the reply box

              ScreenHunter_.jpg

              Comment


              • #67
                Sparko, when I asked for my recent posts, they do not come up. Why?

                Comment


                • #68
                  Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
                  Sparko, when I asked for my recent posts, they do not come up. Why?
                  Where are you clicking? Are you wanting a list of the posts you have made?

                  On any of your posts, click on your avatar to go to your profile page. Click on the "About" tab, and then at the bottom you will see a link for all of your recent posts, as well as all threads you have started.

                  ScreenHunter_.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    The response count in the threads display used to link to a list of posters who'd commented. And that list had links to display an individual poster's comments.

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Sparko View Post

                      Where are you clicking? Are you wanting a list of the posts you have made?

                      On any of your posts, click on your avatar to go to your profile page. Click on the "About" tab, and then at the bottom you will see a link for all of your recent posts, as well as all threads you have started.

                      ScreenHunter_.jpg
                      Got it. Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        We can't find the BCC function in the pm thingy. Which is important to have.


                        Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          Just realized that I was posting bug reports in the wrong thread

                          I'm always still in trouble again

                          "You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Juvenal View Post
                            The response count in the threads display used to link to a list of posters who'd commented. And that list had links to display an individual poster's comments.

                            yeah I noticed that too. nothing I can do about that one. sorry. I will keep checking though.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              I've been seeing channels or threads show up as unread again even though there is nothing new in them. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen before the upgrade.

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Celebrian View Post
                                I've been seeing channels or threads show up as unread again even though there is nothing new in them. I'm pretty sure that didn't happen before the upgrade.
                                if you are talking on the "my subscriptions" page that is because it is something I hacked together using a customized search function. It sometimes take the system a few minutes to clear out the search buffers. You will usually notice that those "left overs" are not bolded like the unread ones are.

                                There is another bug that might show really old threads as unread when you first start out on the new version of tweb. Some of the thread counters apparently didn't get updated. Once you have cleared all of those out by reading them again or just marking the entire forum read, it should not happen again.

                                Comment

                                Related Threads

                                Collapse

                                Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by mossrose, 10-05-2020, 10:23 AM
                                23 responses
                                123 views
                                2 likes
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Started by Sparko, 09-21-2020, 01:06 PM
                                79 responses
                                655 views
                                1 like
                                Last Post Sparko
                                by Sparko
                                 
                                Working...
                                X