Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Cool yer jets :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irate Canadian
    replied
    Originally posted by Dee Dee Warren View Post
    Hello everyone… Chris and Kristyn and I are brainstorming on things to get done and in what order and who else is doing to do what, but this is going to take some time.

We will be posting lists of things to do that need volunteers and other stuff as we think of it.

Right now, this is the order I think we are doing things in the near term.

1. Set up staff. This will be a bit fluid until everything is done as volunteers for specific tasks need to be given permissions during this interim time. The specific hierarchies might not be set up right away, i.e., moderators, deans, admins…. We are not going to automatically put everyone back on the list as there was inactive staff. If you were on staff, and you show back up, you are on. This allows us to see our needs. I was kinda out of it for a while in the past few years, and my memory is getting old, so please forgive me if I don't remember what position everyone had.

2. Set up forum areas. We will weed out the dead forum areas from the past list. This is not a good time to suggest new ones. If someone can get together a list of the forums, with the captions under them, that would be helpful. A volunteer to write the sub forum descriptions and guidelines would be helpful.

3. Set up the appearance templates. This is an area that may take a while as boom's hard drive crashed right before we did, and he is searching to see what image files he still has. If he doesn't have them, we may be doing a redesign.
    Would you mind if I helped with number 2?

Leave a comment:

• Darth Xena
    started a topic Cool yer jets :)

Cool yer jets :)

Hello everyone… Chris and Kristyn and I are brainstorming on things to get done and in what order and who else is doing to do what, but this is going to take some time.

We will be posting lists of things to do that need volunteers and other stuff as we think of it.

Right now, this is the order I think we are doing things in the near term.

1. Set up staff. This will be a bit fluid until everything is done as volunteers for specific tasks need to be given permissions during this interim time. The specific hierarchies might not be set up right away, i.e., moderators, deans, admins…. We are not going to automatically put everyone back on the list as there was inactive staff. If you were on staff, and you show back up, you are on. This allows us to see our needs. I was kinda out of it for a while in the past few years, and my memory is getting old, so please forgive me if I don't remember what position everyone had.

2. Set up forum areas. We will weed out the dead forum areas from the past list. This is not a good time to suggest new ones. If someone can get together a list of the forums, with the captions under them, that would be helpful. A volunteer to write the sub forum descriptions and guidelines would be helpful.

3. Set up the appearance templates. This is an area that may take a while as boom's hard drive crashed right before we did, and he is searching to see what image files he still has. If he doesn't have them, we may be doing a redesign.