Announcement

Collapse

Newsdesk Guidelines

The NEWSDESK is the area for TheologyWeb news and announcements. This is not a debate area. There will be times when you won't agree with certain official announcements and commentary. If so, do not argue or dispute in this area but take it up in an appropriate area of the forum or by Private Message. Threads may only be started by TheologyWeb leadership, but responses may be posted by the entire community.

General TheologyWeb forum rules: here.
See more
See less

Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tweb upgrade - bug reports and questions

Welcome to Theologyweb version 5!

Please use this thread to give us feedback, report bugs, and ask questions. Also in the study room I will be writing some tutorials on the new system. There is a pretty good help page available that you can also search to find out how various things work or how to do things. http://theologyweb.com/campus/help

Note: Because this version of theoloygweb uses different settings and page urls from the previous version, for the best performance please:

1. Clear all cookies and active logins on your browser and then log back into theologyweb.com

2. If you have any old bookmarks to theologyweb, please edit them to remove the "www" (change www.theologyweb.com to theologyweb.com) - the way the cookies store the information they see www as a separate site so if you log in and then later use your old link and go to www.theologyweb.com the site may show you as logged out since the site is set to redirect to just "theologyweb.com" - we have it set to redirect automatically but sometimes it doesn't work. The best thing is to just edit your bookmarks to remove the www.

I customized the avatar size on all styles (you can change styles at the bottom left of the page) in order to allow larger avatars. However, this breaks the mobile view on phones on those styles. If you are browsing theologyweb on your phone, please select the "Mobile Style" in order to view the page correctly.

Last edited by Sparko; 09-25-2020, 01:23 PM.

Ok.

I asked this in the other thread, but I will ask it here for the general public.

How do I upload an image from my computer? The image icon only seems to allow an url.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

What is the purpose of the little check box beside each thread in the "new topics" page? What happens when you check a box? I don't see any options to do anything with it.

Along the same lines, is there a way to "mark forums read" like there was on the old site?

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Do I want HTML to remain off? Or should I turn it on for some reason, and which option should I choose?

Comment

WHERE are my pm's?

Comment

How do I turn the shoutbox off permanently?

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              WHERE are my pm's?

Found them.

But, I have email notifications turned off for everything, and I'm still getting emails.

I'm also getting emails about everything, to me, in the admin email account.

Comment

Found them.

But, I have email notifications turned off for everything, and I'm still getting emails.

I'm also getting emails about everything, to me, in the admin email account.
                yeah me too. I can't find what setting is doing that. I turned off email notifications in my profile.

Comment

Ok.

I asked this in the other thread, but I will ask it here for the general public.

How do I upload an image from my computer? The image icon only seems to allow an url.
                  click on the Image button in the toolbar.
                  image-button.jpg
                  On the pop up window, click on the "upload" tab

image-upload.jpg

click "Choose File" and select the image you want to upload.
                  The press "Send it to the Server"

image-send to server.jpg

That will take you back to the main tab. Here you can change the size of the image you want to insert, or to insert it, just click OK.

image-ok.jpg

Then the image is inserted into your post. You can ignore the list of images in the attachment window below your post.

Just finish your post and click "Post Reply"

Comment

What is the purpose of the little check box beside each thread in the "new topics" page? What happens when you check a box? I don't see any options to do anything with it.

Along the same lines, is there a way to "mark forums read" like there was on the old site?
                    The checkboxes are how you select the thread for moderation, moving, etc. Only moderators see it. You select the thread, the at the top right of the screen you will see a button where you can choose how to mod the selected posts or threads.

mod.jpg

As for marking forums read, at the bottom of each forum page you will see a link to do exactly that.

mark read.jpg

Comment

Do I want HTML to remain off? Or should I turn it on for some reason, and which option should I choose?
                      Just leave it off.

Comment

Thank you! I am so appreciative of your knowledge of this new confounding place!

Comment

Also, the new editor has some extra buttons I added to it.

First if you don't see the text formatting buttons in the text editor, click the "A" at the top right of the editor to open the "advanced editor"

It should now look something like this:

editor.jpg
                          They wrap around so depending on the width of your screen the menus might look a bit different.

Most of these will be familiar to you. Notice that the quote tag looks like a large " symbol now. Also, I have added buttons for most of our custom tags in that last menu group.
                          To use them, select the text you want to apply them to and then press the appropriate tag button. Hovering over the button will tell you what it is.
                          From left to right they are:

Cite tag, Box tag, Sarcasm tag, Scroll (move to the right) tag, Marquee (move to the left) tag, Bounce (back and forth) tag, Strike tag, Verse tag, Rainbow tag, and Hypercite tag.

The hypercite tag is like the Cite tag, but in the popup box, you can enter a hyperlink and it will be an actual link in the heading of the tag.

Example:
                          Source: https://www.google.com/

This text is being wrapped with the Hypercite tag. The link in the header takes you to a web page. Normally it would take you to the source of the text you are quoting. for this example it just takes you to google's homepage.

© Copyright Original Source

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post

The checkboxes are how you select the thread for moderation, moving, etc. Only moderators see it. You select the thread, the at the top right of the screen you will see a button where you can choose how to mod the selected posts or threads.

mod.jpg

As for marking forums read, at the bottom of each forum page you will see a link to do exactly that.

mark read.jpg
                            Ok. So, I have to actually go to every forum to mark it read? There's no way to do that on the "today's posts" page?

Comment

Why is it so difficult to go the "last post read" in a thread? Is there a way to do that easily?

Comment